The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be a dumb question for @eatbreakfast and @evolved, but why does C. cenderawasih never get collected...or show up here? It appears to be attractive and it's native to northern Australia isn't it?
It's endemic to Western Papua New Guinea. It's range MAY extend to Northern Australia, because P. nursalim was also thought to only be endemic to a similar range, but as far as I know cenderwasih has not been found past it's described range.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Have you seen this behavior before
The melanorus can do that for a very long time, and the solon usually folmow for a minute or so.

Chasing his own reflection

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He asked, so far, I’m the only one that tried to answer.
Seems you missed a post ahead of yours...
But none of us are really here for bragging rights. No single online source has ever been known for absolute accuracy.

Redrider

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems you missed a post ahead of yours...
But none of us are really here for bragging rights. No single online source has ever been known for absolute accuracy.
I’m not seeing another response.
Bragging rights? Not sure what you mean but it was certainly unwarranted just as the other response I received. Nor did I mean to imply that LA is the only source or an entirely accurate source.
I’m not understanding why I’m being chided for a suggestion. It’s a place to start researching.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bragging rights? Not sure what you mean but it was certainly unwarranted just as the other response I received. Nor did I mean to imply that LA is the only source or an entirely accurate source.
I’m not understanding why I’m being chided for a suggestion. It’s a place to start researching.
I'm pretty sure there's been misinterpretation of tone here, at least once. No one scolded you.

Luananeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Evolved responded right above you with a link to his article that talks about all the common aquarium wrasses, including what level of reef-safe they are. I'm still learning how to do the multi-quote thing properly, but it was this article link:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/all-about-reef-safe-wrasses-in-aquaria.259894/

The only reason for "chiding" (it was more pointing out rather than scolding or chiding really) is that it was the post immediately prior to yours with a bit more complete/accurate info than LA.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my knowledge its not that some wrasses aren't reef safe but its more that they aren't invert safe

That's correct Bob. The definition of "reef safe" is not standardized in the hobby and means different things to different people.

I would prefer if we used Invert safe, coral safe, etc. I guess if I had to define "reef safe" it would mean an animal that is safe in all reef aquarium environments. That would narrow the field quite a bit though.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To my knowledge its not that some wrasses aren't reef safe but its more that they aren't invert safe
Mostly true. But there are some wrasses which are corallivores.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 169 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back