The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Overboard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My new Pintail (C. isosceles) and Melanesian Red Margin Fairy wrasses waiting to be released from the acclimation box.

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He loves to flash.
b76699b0c0ddd4799ec40bcac0be6422.jpg
He is a beautiful fish. When he really excited he moved so fast and the dorsal fin is silver-white.

I am looking for another one. One day mine was king of the tank, the next day he just disappeared.
My last picture of mine:
BlueThroatFairy2019041301.jpg

tntdsol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is a beautiful fish. When he really excited he moved so fast and the dorsal fin is silver-white.

I am looking for another one. One day mine was king of the tank, the next day he just disappeared.
My last picture of mine:
BlueThroatFairy2019041301.jpg
I know you are a long way from Houston but TAP (That Aquarium Place) here had them. I picked one up from them last week. Mine doesnt have his blue yet.

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my 2 year established rhomboid has been mia for over 48hrs . I think he’s a goner, in other news my tiny baby potters wrasse is doing well in general population

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well my 2 year established rhomboid has been mia for over 48hrs . I think he’s a goner, in other news my tiny baby potters wrasse is doing well in general population
Ug. That sucks! Sorry!

Good news on the Potters though!

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep checking everywhere. I thought my c. cyanopleura was dead as I hadn't seen it in days, and it turns out the c. lubbocki was going WWIII on him and pinned him in a tiny rock crevice during the lit hours that the firefish usually lived in.

Jstn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep checking everywhere. I thought my c. cyanopleura was dead as I hadn't seen it in days, and it turns out the c. lubbocki was going WWIII on him and pinned him in a tiny rock crevice during the lit hours that the firefish usually lived in.

My rock work is very open and no signs
Although I hope you are right. But I remember a few days ago hearing a splash that was loud, maybe it was him and he got hurt in the process. I did notice the last two days my house has been a bit off in terms of smells with the windows closed and AC on, the girlfriend mentioned it was
The fish tank, I quickly countered with it’s the dog but in hindsight she might of been right as it cleared up. This could of been the fish rotting...

Ds04384

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone’s flasher flash like crazy at the time time every day? For me it’s my yellowfin and from 6-7pm. I’m assuming he can see his reflection at this hour due to the setting sun light coming in from a nearby window.

IMG_6345.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back