The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received this female flame wrasse last November. In the past week is has just started to transform. Or at least I've just recently noticed it.

20210807_173333.jpg

She's a he now! Beautiful fish!

This was mine in transition.

reefguy250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an Orange Back Fairy and I am looking to add a Golden Rhomboid Supermale. Any thoughts on possible aggression or fighting is deeply appreciated!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have an Orange Back Fairy and I am looking to add a Golden Rhomboid Supermale. Any thoughts on possible aggression or fighting is deeply appreciated!
Should not be any issue. I have a Orange Back Fairy wrasse, and its very chilled. Fairy wrasses as a whole will work well with each other, as long as you have some space, meaning tank size, as their is always the exception. I have never seen any aggression from my Orange Back, and I have 3 Fairy wrasses in my tank, along with 2 other wrasses.

reefguy250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should not be any issue. I have a Orange Back Fairy wrasse, and its very chilled. Fairy wrasses as a whole will work well with each other, as long as you have some space, meaning tank size, as their is always the exception. I have never seen any aggression from my Orange Back, and I have 3 Fairy wrasses in my tank, along with 2 other wrasses.
Thank you! From the other info I found it seemed that they would be okay but better safe than a dead fish.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! He’s beautiful! How’s he doing with those mollies?
Oddly enough he doesn't really bother them other than feeding time if there's food in the water he drives mollys flying at the lid its pretty comical. I read they'll eat crabs but mine only seems interested in periwinkles (sea snail native to the east coast) and any frozen food still got all my hermits. And thanks he's by far my favorite fish :). So much personality wrasses rock!

jdiefenbaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice wrasse collection! Have any others not pictured?

Thanks, not yet. Lost a C. naokoae in QT to swim bladder problems, and a C. brunneus that didn't survive shipping. I plan to add a lineatus and/or rhomboid, a couple flashers, and whatever bodianus sp. hogs I can get in the next year.

Back