The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, the Exquisite didn't make it. Found him on top of the rocks this afternoon :(
Sorry to hear that, love the Exquisites! I have a Naoko that my midas blenny took his tail fin off. Hid for three days, but now out and eating well for the last 2 weeks. Also have a orange backed wrasse that my solar wrasse bullied when I got it. Only saw him for feeding time the first week. Now all my wrasses are out and swimming together with little issues (exquisite, orangeback, bluethroat, solar, mccoskars)

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up these two recently. I’ll have to try and get a better shot.

Attachments

• BE5DE91E-0FA0-4BF3-B3AD-06A22ACE96DE.jpeg
    BE5DE91E-0FA0-4BF3-B3AD-06A22ACE96DE.jpeg
    229.8 KB · Views: 90

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. No QT?
So it’s a risk that I’m willing to take in this case. however I’m in the middle of an upgrade. This is my older established tank and the majority of the fish inhabitants are gone. These wrasse will stay in this tank until I’m convinced they are well established and not going to bring in something crazy. That being said I typically buy from trusted sources and observe fish /qt as needed. These are known sensitive fish and I understand I’m taking a risk in order to hopefully have better success. So if you do what I do don’t say I didn’t warn you lol

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought these fish from a online vendor and had them shipped to me.
Reef Pro? They have some right now I've been considering trying one from them since they condition delicate species well. Have you kept choati before? Any tips?

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Pro? They have some right now I've been considering trying one from them since they condition delicate species well. Have you kept choati before? Any tips?
Yes I bought them from reef pro and they came very well conditioned. One was eating frozen and the other is eating hatched baby brine and picking at frozen. (Work in progress). Never kept them before but have some “delicate” species including other leopard wrasses. Best advice I have is get as many food options prepared prior and talk to the vendor about what they are doing and if it’s working. Just an example of one reason I like reef pro. These fish (around 1-2 inches) came in a 16 lb box. I’ve seen other vendors ship huge fish in smaller boxes.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I bought them from reef pro and they came very well conditioned. One was eating frozen and the other is eating hatched baby brine and picking at frozen. (Work in progress). Never kept them before but have some “delicate” species including other leopard wrasses. Best advice I have is get as many food options prepared prior and talk to the vendor about what they are doing and if it’s working. Just an example of one reason I like reef pro. These fish (around 1-2 inches) came in a 16 lb box. I’ve seen other vendors ship huge fish in smaller boxes.
Reef pro is awesome! I recently got a feminus from them they shipped her in what felt like 5 gallons of water lol

Best of luck with your leopards! Keep us posted on their progress!

SCReef'n

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef pro is awesome! I recently got a feminus from them they shipped her in what felt like 5 gallons of water lol

Best of luck with your leopards! Keep us posted on their progress!
Yeah agreed! Thanks and I will. Hope to one day see them swimming through my new 180 display.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought one of those but passed due to the species track record, especially going into a small QT. You have the perfect set-up with a 60 gallon "observation" tank.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a total of 7 wrasse, 2 are in a nano (the naoko needs to get a bit bigger before it can go into the main display), the 5 in the main display are:
C. Scottorum (Australian)
x2 C. Lubbocki (Both are in the image below)
H. iridis (also in the image below)
H. chloropterus

the Lubbock’s are completely fine together, I’m guessing it’s because they have completely different colours and patterns (I read somewhere that the colours depend on where they’re found, and from what I got I have one from Komodo and the others from Cebu)
The radiant, Jade, and one Lubbock have been around for a good year and they’re wonderful to own,
I couldn’t get a picture of the two Lubbock’s together but I found one, the blue lights are on aswell which is annoying, I can’t get a good picture of the Scott’s and the Jade has already gone into the sandbed

F7A82080-3CED-471F-80FB-CB59334DD42F.jpeg

Last edited:

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a total of 7 wrasse, 2 are in a nano (the naoko needs to get a bit bigger before it can go into the main display), the 5 in the main display are:
C. Scottorum (Australian)
x2 C. Lubbocki (Both are in the image below)
H. iridis (also in the image below)
H. chloropterus

the Lubbock’s are completely fine together, I’m guessing it’s because they have completely different colours and patterns (I read somewhere that the colours depend on where they’re found, and from what I got I have one from Komodo and the others from Cebu)
The radiant, Jade, and one Lubbock have been around for a good year and they’re wonderful to own,
I couldn’t get a picture of the two Lubbock’s together but I found one, the blue lights are on aswell which is annoying, I can’t get a good picture of the Scott’s and the Jade has already gone into the sandbed

F7A82080-3CED-471F-80FB-CB59334DD42F.jpeg
It took me a minute to realize that this pic is a reflection of the Cebu lubbocki and the Indonesian lubbocki and not 4 lubbocki males LOL Love the radiant!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took me a minute to realize that this pic is a reflection of the Cebu lubbocki and the Indonesian lubbocki and not 4 lubbocki males LOL Love the radiant!
Yeah haha, I love how the two Lubbock’s are getting along so well, I was worried about them fighting also are they both males then? I find it interesting on how the colour varies depending on where they’re from.

Last edited:

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah haha

Yeah haha, I love how the two Lubbock’s are getting along so well, I was worried about them fighting also are they both males then? I find it interesting on how the colour varies depending on where they’re from.
Yep, both of yours are males. Females of both lubbocki variants look identical.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, both of yours are males. Females of both lubbocki variants look identical.
Okay, Thanks! My LFS didn’t say if the Cebu lubbocki was male or not, I knew the other was just from the colours it holds,

my Naokoae is still out so if it stays still I’ll try get a picture of it, although it’s in a small tank temporarily it’s still fast and knows it’s way around haha

so after like 30 minutes of trying I gave up and got one of him in the cave

image.jpg

Last edited:

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I lost my Hawaiian flame . Was just transitioning to male. Went away for the weekend and he was gone when I got back. Thought he was in the overflow with my lineatus but no dice. Definitely was my favorite fish.

20210807_173333.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back