I’d take him over a squirei

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brunneus is the closest to an ugly fairy
I mean… I’m in love with C. hygroxerus so I definitely have a taste for ‘dull’ fairies ;)

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean… I’m in love with C. hygroxerus so I definitely have a taste for ‘dull’ fairies ;)
Of course you’d be the one who prefers the Monsoon over the Johnson…….

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The temminckii, cyanopleura, lubbocki, and scottorum complexes don't do much for me... which is about half of the genus Lol
I don’t have a photo that gives my old Melano a good look that isn’t from behind.
F69F5048-8AE0-4E76-965F-7959892980FE.jpeg

But my favourite fairy has a similar shade of red so… also the red has died down (not a ton but just enough to notice it) now his black is there again which is a shame.
0CAF541A-B008-40B7-8230-2DCDD8C7232D.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course you’d be the one who prefers the Monsoon over the Johnson…….
I’d also have a Melanomarginatus over a Johnsoni any day of the week ;)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO he’s not that bad...
1685562941392.png

I’d take him over a squirei
They’re even nicer when displaying!
The blue is what makes this species another favourite of mine.
0040C617-6B7D-4D4D-AC3E-7629E82A8FCA.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don’t like the balteatus…..or the luteovittatus….or anything resembling luteovittatus, I just don’t get the hype for cyanopleura or those ones like that
Blatteus to me looks like a child has taken a red crayon and ruined a nice looking fish…
Lutteovittatus I like when it’s red, not when they’re blue.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the johnsoni no, but I do like the melano, I miss your old one
I nearly grabbed another a few months ago… I regret not snatching it, hopefully I see either a Brunneus, Hygroxerus or Melanomarginatus I miss the splash of colour from dark coloured fish.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d also have a Melanomarginatus over a Johnsoni any day of the week ;)
WWC has an AMAZING picture of a Scott’s….if only they looked like this
1685563695935.png

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC has an AMAZING picture of a Scott’s….if only they looked like this
1685563695935.png
That’s an Aussie which is my dream variant, Fiji and Cook Islands just don’t cut it out as they’re either too dull or too colourful.
Aussie Scott’s look just perfect as it’s not too colourful and it’s not too dull.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blatteus to me looks like a child has taken a red crayon and ruined a nice looking fish…
Cirrhilabrus sp……looks ….ehhhh :face-with-head-bandage::confused:

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an Aussie which is my dream variant, Fiji and Cook Islands just don’t cut it out as they’re either too dull or too colourful.
Aussie Scott’s look just perfect as it’s not too colourful and it’s not too dull.
I’ve always been skeptical with Scotts….especially when I see them in the LFS, that’s one wrasse you will see bugging others

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brunneus is the closest to an ugly fairy
I love brunneus they have a sinister look. I lost both of mine to jumping, but this is the closest I could find on the net of how mine looked once matured. The cobalt blue against the black is eye catching paired with the red eyes. This pic doesn't show it well, but the cobalt blue is also along their anal fin and the entire caudal fin is edged in it... very cool looking wrasse patrolling your reef :)

1685563755350.png

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if it’s because I work in an LFS but honestly, most rare fish don’t please me all that much… My favourites are always the common boys. Obviously I have exceptions, I mean I’m on the hunt for a Choati and have like 5 other fish that are in the triple digits.
I mean just look at my Iridis and Xenojulis in this photo, I may not have spent the actual price for them but if I had to I wouldn’t hesitate. Their colours are just so unique.
E9B10A4B-460E-46D4-8F80-3DF4A14FEAAC.jpeg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though it’s on my wishlist, if I’m going to be completely honest, rhomboidalis, unless it’s a female, or a Super Super male…it’s kinda boring…I know I know don’t sue me lol, but that’s just how I view em. If you get a female rhomboid, they’re pretty dull, but its a nice dull, you like it for a while, then you want her to become male, she becomes male, and he looks practically identical to the female, and now you want it to look like a male in pictures, because you know your male can look like that, so then you wait, and wait, and wait, and then you give up and find another yellow wrasse and enjoy that one more, and later down the line, your male is super male, and he’s very nice looking, but it’s now a ”ok good he changed he’s pretty now I can walk away” and you do…knowing that he finally changed, and have another new pretty fish….just my way of thinking…. @SaltyT what do you think?

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if it’s because I work in an LFS but honestly, most rare fish don’t please me all that much… My favourites are always the common boys. Obviously I have exceptions, I mean I’m on the hunt for a Choati and have like 5 other fish that are in the triple digits.
I mean just look at my Iridis and Xenojulis in this photo, I may not have spent the actual price for them but if I had to I wouldn’t hesitate. Their colours are just so unique.
That's the best part of working at a LFS... getting your fish at cost and ordering whatever fish you want! I'm fortunate that even though I no longer work at a LFS, mine still gives me those perks ;) Support your LFS if you can!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the best part of working at a LFS... getting your fish at cost and ordering whatever fish you want! I'm fortunate that even though I no longer work at a LFS, mine still gives me those perks ;) Support your LFS if you can!
Definitely, my LFS that I also work at is on the hunt for a Choati so my fingers are crossed.
My next fairy wrasse may just have to be a Shutmani as although it’s red they’re like 5 shades of red and don’t look like a plain fish.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 101 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back