The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ziggy and Bowie for the mandarins. Elton for the gramma. Patches for the marisrubri. Tim the Timor? Tinkerbell for the isosceles? Any other famous fairies for the exquisite?
Some great suggestions to consider! Though I don’t have an isosceles unfortunately.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wednesday wrasse tax

IMG_5406.jpeg
We might need to audit your taxes to make sure you don't owe us any more pinkie pics.

Sad day, the guy with my QT'd pinkie sold it to someone else :-(

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We might need to audit your taxes to make sure you don't owe us any more pinkie pics.

Sad day, the guy with my QT'd pinkie sold it to someone else :-(

Oh man, that’s a bummer :/

Are they going to get another one in for you? Hopefully they can get one soon, or give you a deal because of the situation.

I’ll try and get some more pics of the two. They usually hang out near their condo behind the rocks during the peak of the day when the big fish are being rowdy. It’s their safe place, but it’s shaded and difficult to get good pictures back there!

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Oh no!!! How did I miss my latest friend?!?!
Radiant wrasse - Halichoeres iridis - Calvin - Jello's Playground.
Must update list...

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another winner in my book. This guy is a beast! @SaltyT isn’t this a top wrasse for you
IMG_2035.jpeg
YES! Who has this handsome fella? More importantly, are you getting him??

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to take my wrasse tax photo and one of our new little magmas had jumped. I feel awful. Days like this I’m not sure about this hobby anymore… I was standing there the whole time doing a water change and didn’t see her jump through the screen onto the overflow lid.
Sorry for your loss. Keep your chin up, all of us wrasse keepers loose one to jumping at some point.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to take my wrasse tax photo and one of our new little magmas had jumped. I feel awful. Days like this I’m not sure about this hobby anymore… I was standing there the whole time doing a water change and didn’t see her jump through the screen onto the overflow lid.
Sorry for your loss. Can’t blame yourself some fish we can save from jumping. We do our best and working on the tank or adding something helps ease the sadness

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we make top 6 Halichoeres? Always wanted one but turn them down because of choats but I do like the Jewelled. Besides the yellow coris it’s the second most labeled wrong wrasse
IMG_2046.jpeg
Sorry to correct you but according to ReefPro that’s a leopard wrasse not a Halichoeres. ;) :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back