The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

@evolved: do you recall the last pricing for hemitaeniatus?
Eh... loaded question.

There were some sold in Europe earlier last year; not sure on their prices.
Then there were some which made it to the states months later; none survived to be sold from the wholesaler. I know what the prices were supposed to be, but that's a bit moot now.

If (when) more do show up, expect 4 figures.
 
How many cf. pylei females have you got in there? I don't feel so bad about my 9 wrasses in my 90 now either.

In the tank I have
1 kato
5 red margin
1 blue sided
2 pintail
1 black fin
1 flav
1 Flame pair(just added)
1 Rhomboid(should be picking him up later on today may take two[emoji41])
 
Last edited:
I don't bother with pairs anymore; females always transition to male eventually. Just having other wrasses, males of other species, will do the trick.

There are other male wrasses in the tank with the Claire and it still only displays the bright colors when threatened. In my experience, the bright coloration is not a permanent color morph - just a mood/stress color (metachrosis?).
 
Got a pair of one of my fav today early bday gift to myself

1f31e7ad52f6b35088b1c2ff5947f652.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new