The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

I have a question about sand for a Melanuras. I currently have the sand pictured below. Is that a fine enough grade for burrowing! I can buy something different and add it to my tank, if you think I need to. Thanks!

Sand.jpg
That will work for sand burying wrasses.
 
I have a question about sand for a Melanuras. I currently have the sand pictured below. Is that a fine enough grade for burrowing! I can buy something different and add it to my tank, if you think I need to. Thanks!

Sand.jpg
Looks fine to me as well.
 
Finally got my wrasse!


Just one though, and I'm not sure I can fit another with the other fish I have. Hopefully he stays nice and vibrant.
Acclimating to QT, so no lights only flash for the pics. Can someone confirm that it is a carpenter's wrasse?
 
DSCN3666_zps9lxwvtpm.jpg
Finally got my wrasse!


Just one though, and I'm not sure I can fit another with the other fish I have. Hopefully he stays nice and vibrant.
Acclimating to QT, so no lights only flash for the pics. Can someone confirm that it is a carpenter's wrasse?
Where did you buy that carpenter wrasse from I want one too lol
 
Finally got my wrasse!


Just one though, and I'm not sure I can fit another with the other fish I have. Hopefully he stays nice and vibrant.
Acclimating to QT, so no lights only flash for the pics. Can someone confirm that it is a carpenter's wrasse?
Carpenter's is the correct i.d.
 
Got this guy
(Cirrhilabrus lyukyuensis), color was too vibrant to pass up. Wish I could have gotten a better picture, but qt glass is dirty and he is still shy so iPhone had to do.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1453693391.511138.jpg
 
That looks more like C. cf. cyanopleura than C. lyukyuensis. Is his head really red/ruby colored?
+1 that's what my cf Cyanopleura looked like when I got it. I will admit after looking these up I saw a pic where the lyukyuensis looks similar.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new