Theirs no place like home

Benedetto84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I knew I've been looking to, in my area there is only 1 lfs and petco. The next close fish store is and hour and 15 minutes from me. Wish I could find people to buy from or trade things with .

OP
OP
Elmer

Elmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I knew I've been looking to, in my area there is only 1 lfs and petco. The next close fish store is and hour and 15 minutes from me. Wish I could find people to buy from or trade things with .
Where are you located

OP
OP
Elmer

Elmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Independence I lived in junction city for about a month and worked over at Hollywood's junk in the truck and helped him set up the big tank he had in their

Benedetto84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Independence I lived in junction city for about a month and worked over at Hollywood's junk in the truck and helped him set up the big tank he had in their
Wow yeah you are pretty far. I don't think I know where hollywoods is at. It just sucks over here not much people in the hobby. Really new myself, I've only been in it for about 4 months. I've been following your 12o build.

OP
OP
Elmer

Elmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah sucks for me 2 closest place is pittsburg for me at 1hour 15 mins I just called live aquaria about them charging shipping on all three things I WAS gonna buy so I guess I'll make the drive

Benedetto84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang sorry that sucks! Mine is only 30 minutes away. I'm making a ride out to Topeka this weekend so I can check on out there. Have you ordered things before from there ? I always look but don't know how it would go for me getting them sent. Like what happens if I'm not home ?

OP
OP
Elmer

Elmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They leave them on your door but you can schedule a delivery time so you will be home I haven't ordered fish online just coral and parts

Benedetto84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They leave them on your door but you can schedule a delivery time so you will be home I haven't ordered fish online just coral and parts
That doesn't seem to bad, I might have to try it then just come home and check to see if it arrived

jrswindler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a pretty nice local group here in Wichita! To bad you guys are a few hours away!

OP
OP
Elmer

Elmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you on the witchita Facebook site for saltwater

OP
OP
Elmer

Elmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their are a few in chanute but I'm not sure if they have r2r I've sent them there link to sign up

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a pretty nice local group here in Wichita! To bad you guys are a few hours away!

I am fairly new to this hobby tries it for a short while years ago. Will be setting up a BC32 in the coming weeks in my classroom at school for my students to learn from. Would love to connect with local area folks to learn from and share info.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fairly new to this hobby tries it for a short while years ago. Will be setting up a BC32 in the coming weeks in my classroom at school for my students to learn from. Would love to connect with local area folks to learn from and share info.
How is your 32 Biocube coming along? We have hit small bumps in the road with ours and still learning.

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your 32 Biocube coming along? We have hit small bumps in the road with ours and still learning.

Same here we lost a coral banded shrimp to a coral dip misapplication, and lost a Diamond watchman Goby for 3 weeks until we found him under a sponge in the return chamber. Did a water change today
IMG_2396.JPG

We are looking ok I think. I posted a video today in a thread about Water changes? Take a look.

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here we lost a coral banded shrimp to a coral dip misapplication, and lost a Diamond watchman Goby for 3 weeks until we found him under a sponge in the return chamber. Did a water change today
IMG_2396.JPG

We are looking ok I think. I posted a video today in a thread about Water changes? Take a look.
I haven't cleaned the glass for a couple of days so it's not real clean. I have been downstairs building my 144 gallon. In the plumbing stage. I'll look for your video. We are sitting Fishless right now do to what I think was velvet.

IMG_20180423_195400.jpg

James Hammett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the aquascape .... I think we went a little safe on ours not knowing what we were doing. What are you running in your sump... I am considering a cheato refugium but right now still have the stock basket filter cloth/ phosguard/ Carbon ... what are the inhabitants in your tank are those Nems

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back