Theoretically speaking... (sweet MS paint graph)

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this work? Sorry for the poor MS Paint skills but I think you will get what I'm saying. I'm looking to condense the number of hoses and plumbing I have going everywhere!

So my tank would overflow into my fuge. From there a syncra would pump it into the bio pellet reactor and be able to tumble the media. A valve would keep it from tumbling the carbon, then it would go into the canister filter (physical/emergency filtration). Since the fluval has it's own impeller I'm thinking it would speed the flow back up enough that the water could slowly move through the carbon reactor? Let me know if this isn't clear, it works in my head but I'm certainly not a plumbing expert. Or if there is a better route for the flow to run. Thanks for your help!
Theory.png

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this work? Sorry for the poor MS Paint skills but I think you will get what I'm saying. I'm looking to condense the number of hoses and plumbing I have going everywhere!

So my tank would overflow into my fuge. From there a syncra would pump it into the bio pellet reactor and be able to tumble the media. A valve would keep it from tumbling the carbon, then it would go into the canister filter (physical/emergency filtration). Since the fluval has it's own impeller I'm thinking it would speed the flow back up enough that the water could slowly move through the carbon reactor? Let me know if this isn't clear, it works in my head but I'm certainly not a plumbing expert. Or if there is a better route for the flow to run. Thanks for your help!
Theory.png
I'd return the water from the fluval back to the sump and pump back to tank from there with the synchra.
Better control thru the reactors with a 2nd pump.
As drawn, flow might be limited.

OP
OP
C

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd return the water from the fluval back to the sump and pump back to tank from there with the synchra.
Better control thru the reactors with a 2nd pump.
As drawn, flow might be limited.
So keep all the same except add a 2nd pump that would only go straight to the tank?

TankCandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   1
I also would put a second pump to control the reactors, it all about the tumble rate for biopellets. Also i would switch the places for the bio pellet and carbon. Bio pellets can create a bacterial film and I would assume would get stuck in the bottom of the carbon.

.jpg

OP
OP
C

clifg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also would put a second pump to control the reactors, it all about the tumble rate for biopellets. Also i would switch the places for the bio pellet and carbon. Bio pellets can create a bacterial film and I would assume would get stuck in the bottom of the carbon.

.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. My only issue is wouldn't the flow coming out of the carbon likely not be enough to tumble the pellets?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back