there was this discosoma at WWC...

the captive reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is by far the baddest mushroom I have ever owned. Like nano fins said, They are weird because when they produce babies thay are solid golden/orange and develope the red streaks after some time. All the babies I have are like that.

Mike

OP
OP
B

birdsnest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, more of a buzz about this than expected. Have to keep dreaming about these but good to see there are some more out there. thx for the replies

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A pic of it is on WWC's website in their gallery under soft corals. It's called Jaw Dropper mushroom. They moved it into their 300 gallon show tank. It's almost dead in the middle of the tank amongst the rockwork. It looks awesome in person!

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this mushroom come from Rommel at Ultimate frags.

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

the one that nano fins posted did come from Rommel. I think they originally came in through the bay area which is why Ultimate Frags and ATL have offered them in the past. The ones I have also came from a friend in NorCal.

Im not sure where Vivid got theirs but I believe they are of the same lineage.....

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the one that nano fins posted did come from Rommel. I think they originally came in through the bay area which is why Ultimate Frags and ATL have offered them in the past. The ones I have also came from a friend in NorCal.

Im not sure where Vivid got theirs but I believe they are of the same lineage.....

This is the understanding I have been given. It has been my understanding, in fact, that most, if not all, have come from the same individual, at various points, and been distributed through different people. This is partly why you don't see many of them floating around, though I know for a fact there have been a few more imported here and there and quickly snapped up. In my case I got mine from Rommel who got it from this guy. The mushroom I got is probably one of the nicest examples I've seen, so I was happy to get it. Mine originally was just orange, red, and green, and I've seen anothers who's were orange, red, and purple, which I was envious of (just for the purple--I want that too), but now mine has recently developed a small splotch of darker, purplish red on it as well, so that's pretty exciting.

How's that for a run-on sentence?

Last edited:

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Mike! I just wanted to say hi! How's the baby doing? I didn't know you were back into reefing? Very cool! This is Sang btw.
It is by far the baddest mushroom I have ever owned. Like nano fins said, They are weird because when they produce babies thay are solid golden/orange and develope the red streaks after some time. All the babies I have are like that.

Mike

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember rommel's bright orange/red mushroom. It glowed like crazy. I was there a couple years ago when he first got it in. At the time he said it was very special and now I can see why.

Last edited:

the captive reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sang,

Long time, I was going to say the same to you. I thought you got out? I never got out, just have been taking it easy and being a Dad. She is doing great.

Check out my forum tonight, There may be a couple of really crazy shrooms posted tonight :wink:

Mike

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what is the name of this shroom?

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was out of the hobby for the past 2 years until now. I'm picking my tank up this weekend and will start the whole process again!

Hey Sang,

Long time, I was going to say the same to you. I thought you got out? I never got out, just have been taking it easy and being a Dad. She is doing great.

Check out my forum tonight, There may be a couple of really crazy shrooms posted tonight :wink:

Mike

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought 2 of those suckers, I had to track them down!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back