OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3/24 Rcvd my Reef Flux and emptied 8 pills mixed w. saltwater and in the return chamber it went. I don't have a lot of Bryopsis but its definitely spreading. so fingers crossed this will clean it out. Turned off the skimmer per the instructions on the label and not currently using carbon so no need to worry there. Also got a new filter cup. No more socks. I had a huge box of poly fil left over so i will be using that as a filter just to see how it compares. going to give the reef flux 3 days and then we will see where we are at. research says 10-14 days for complete removal. got nothing but time. ordered some brine and pods from AB. yeah i know. i have plenty in the tank for cooter and the others just want some diversity and i am growing phyto like mad so going to try and culture some too while im at it. cant hurt.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3/30 things are looking much better so the Reef flux was a success. No indication that it had any affect on anything but the Bryopsis. turned the skimmer back on and started to dose some MB7 just a capful daily to help with the uglies that are showing up. just diatoms for now. good thing because i was starting to worry about the CUC not having enough to eat. Changed all the filters in my RODI and hooked up a secondary carbon filter to help increase output. I have noticed this tank and sump have a MUCH higer evap rate then my 29. I am attributing that to higher surface area and more surface agitation. other than that fish and corals are looking good. Pods seem to be still in sump and DT and they have been eating in the culture i have started.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90 day update......
Just see for yourself.
20200701_191927.jpg
20200701_191935.jpg
20200701_191944.jpg
20200701_191920.jpg

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build thread update...upgrade is complete and going strong. Chaeto growing in the sump no issues with Ghana in the tank. Thinking once all the crazy settles down getting another fish tang or a wrasse maybe. I have bonnie and clyde still the clowns, samuel l Jackson, the three amigos (chromis) and cooter the ruby red scooter blenny. The last addition I made was my rainbow bubble tip, bubbles. Direct feed every other day. Still feed phyto once a week reef rods once a week pellets once a day and frozen once a day. Haven't had a need for the skimmer. Having a bit of trouble keeping alk and calc up so may start adding kalk to my ato. Other than that we are on auto pilot and enjoying it alot.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build thread update. Going to remove the filter socks and run skimmer 24/7. Had an issue with keeping alk and ph up while house was closed up with ac on. This seems to be helping.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I pulled a rookie mistake. Put too much alk solution directly into the ato. Needless to say we did a petty big water change this am. Fixed the ato. And have another change sheduled for tomorrow am as well. Everything made it through ok thank goodness but I don't want to swing it back to normal too quick and shock the system. Nothing is suffering so gonna slowly bring it back down and learn from this mistake.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok were back to normal alk levels but phos and nitrate are a bit low due to all the water changes. Fed some reef roids tonight and took skimmer off line.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for another update.....
Things are going very nicely in the 65G. So well in fact that its basically on auto pilot now. I am still testing every week and have decided that I am going to look into dosing Kalk to help with my levels. I know your not supposes to chase #'s and its more important to be consistent in the #'s but I would like to see just a bit more growth. Speaking of growth the Nem I got a few months back has split, so I am taking that as a good sign. I also discovered a slight drip in the drain line so I fixed that over the weekend. Those 2 things prompted the update to be honest. I have some Aptasia that has been popping up here and there that I was thinking of taking care of with Kalk paste. I had been using bits of putty. I have also had some Bubble algae sprout up as well. But overall things are good. I have taken the Skimmer completely out of the sump. My Nitrate and Phos. are low enough that I don't need it. I was thinking of finally getting my Kole tang but things are going so well that I may just upgrade again instead. So really not much to report but very happy with how things have been going over the past year. Very happy indeed.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reef looks great!

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I know I don't NEED another tank but I just got a lead on a 30g frag tank. Wish me luck we may have another build thread on our hands. ;Nailbiting;Woot

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the frag tank fell through so no new build thread and we lost Cooter last night. Just found him. He was a red scooter blenny so tbh I probably couldn't keep up the pod population enough. He didnt have any signs of trauma, discoloration and really didnt look thin either. So not sure what happened. He was a cool little fish.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20201105_150518.jpg

Life is good.

OP
OP
Stang67

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

THIS is the New tank I am setting up now. Thank goodness for black november :)

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done. I'm a big fan of the basement sump. I purposely bought my house with the idea that I was going to build a basement sump. Any house on a slab was out of the question for me.

Back