There's something fishy about this build...

Ordered!
IMG_2960.jpeg
 
Let me know how the chitons do. I ordered 4 from the same source a couple years ago and none survived more than 48 hours. All the other inverts did fine, so wasn't something I did.
 
Let me know how the chitons do. I ordered 4 from the same source a couple years ago and none survived more than 48 hours. All the other inverts did fine, so wasn't something I did.
Well if it fails I’ll try a sea hare and while Im at it I was thinking maybe a goatfish for the 125? I loved seeing them hunt with bird wrasse in Hawaii
 
Yeah I think most varieties are 1 - super finicky and difficult to keep alive, and 2 - get massive
 
I'm currently looking for sand sifting friends to help keep the peninsula clean and I'm pretty sure I'm just going to add a couple of the grey/black sea cucumbers and call it a day, there's one in the seahorse cube and he's made an amazing difference.
 
I was going to go for a smaller species like a bicolor but not seeing much about their care. So I guess not
I'd try a smaller species like a bicolor. I really like the yellow personally, just have to find a healthy juvenile and feed it meaty foods 3+x per day, as they have a high metabolism. Deworm pretty much immediately, they usually have internal parasites, start with a specimen that isn't half starved when you get it and it should be ok.

I want these species for my 240 gallon, if I can find healthy ones.
Yellow Back Goatfish - (Parupeneus barberinus)
Yellow Goatfish - (Parupeneus cyclostoma)
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new