There's something fishy about this build...

I know you and @i cant think are both wrasse whisperers'. But i need a hand.

Find me a look a like bimaculatus anthia. The lfs had these beautiful yellow tiger stripped anthia, but missing the yellow tail (transparent clear) without the yellow stripe. I am thinking they are still bimacs, but colored down somehow. I can't for the life of me find a look a like.

They have them labeled as flame anthias. I am so regretting not getting them :*(
So you want a wrasse that looks like a bimac?
Yellowfin or red tail flasher wrasse?
 
How about
Paracheilinus attenuatus

even though I never see them for sale.
I see them fairly often. Will need to drop some dough thougg
 
When you're done with her's, can you find me one that looks like a baby dolphin? Please and thank you!
Dusky tilefish
You’re welcome
 
If you knew how much i just spent today....

It wasnt a lot.

Hows the tank today?
Look Up GIF by Sesame Street

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/theres-something-fishy-about-this-build.1055155/post-13416509
 
Dusky tilefish
You’re welcome
I'll leave my heart eyes because I appreciate your effort.

BUT!

That fish looks more like a goby with down syndrome than a dolphin...
1000047979.jpg

How about one with a snout and horizontal tail?:face-in-clouds:
 
That's one of my favorite ever fish. Best personality you can get!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4713.jpeg
    IMG_4713.jpeg
    113.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4729.jpeg
    IMG_4729.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 14
I don't have the guts to try a tile fish, perfect body shape for Eli to try out.
Get a big one!
Mine was way too big
 
Get a big one!
Mine was way too big
I feel it's more cruel to get an adult out of the ocean. If it were being sold from someone shutting tank down. Yes for sure. I do keep my eyes peeled. But, welcome to centeral/southern illinois. Where bad reef/saltwater advise has been the thing before I moved here.

Not saying I made it better, but we finally have a developing community and I think @sfin52 is fighting to make it more alive. Our older local fish stores were so bad.
 
How about
Paracheilinus attenuatus

even though I never see them for sale.
I see 2 on the weekly :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
One is sat in my tank and has grown from the 0.5” transitional male he was to a 3 inch full blown male. And the other is in my LFS’s display tank.
Diamond Tail Flasher.jpeg
 
I only get to see youtube videos. But, I saw one where a diver ran into acanthurus sohal nest and he had 2 huge fish trying to murder his feet relentlessly.
Just wait till you tick off a titan trigger.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new