There's something fishy about this build...

Can't hurt but I think some airflow would be more effective.. is this the sole purpose of using a bubbler?
I use a bubbler to bring CO2 levels down...
 
Acropora are, for the most part, doing great! I have now lost two of the twenty I have ever bought. Obviously, the one that bailed over night, and then this other one I had forever that just was never happy. However, all the other old ones are showing almost daily growth.
IMG_4042.jpeg
IMG_4043.jpeg


The super expensive one is basing out!!
IMG_4044.jpeg
IMG_4045.jpeg
IMG_4046.jpeg
IMG_4047.jpeg
 
Last edited:
So time to admit mistakes of the last few weeks...

I bought the tusk as a kind of impulse. I knew the eel tank had just gotten over a disease outbreak and I should not add new fish. However it is very rare to get a cheap tusk that is also healthy. Thanks to Indonesia using cyanide to catch them you can usually only get healthy ones from Australia. This one however was both cheap and, seemingly, very healthy. So, stupidly, I bought it. Then I had the decision, do I put it in the tank with no disease issues but a ton of tasty inverts or the tank where there had recently been an outbreak. As you all know I started in tank one then moved to tank 2.


Well… pretty immediate ich outbreak in tank 2. Then it started hiding. Still ate luckily but not a good sign when a fish that is usually fearless starts hiding. Then I noticed injuries. Two minor ones to the anal fin and one on the back. I panicked, prepared a freshwater dip and chucked it in.

Disaster… I used an old analogue thermometer and had the freshwater sitting in the same room as the tank but temperature was obviously wrong. The tusk panicked then ceased up and sank to the bottom. I panicked too and tossed it in the sump.

Good news it is actually looking OK but I am definitely worried. I hope it survives though, it's shown a lot of personality.
IMG_4033.jpeg


Anyway
Point is, do better then me
 
Last edited:
10 micron

So, you have options if you can run filter socks. The ich trophonts wont be able to get through the socks. But, the socks need changed and cleaned daily. I used to use the 15 microns when I started my tank out.

But, an up to you situation.
 
10 micron

So, you have options if you can run filter socks. The ich trophonts wont be able to get through the socks. But, the socks need changed and cleaned daily. I used to use the 15 microns when I started my tank out.

But, an up to you situation.
There’s no way to add them unfortunately
 
Late to the party but, if it's a cat, is trying to kill you.

Also how the tusk pulls through.
Most cats are conflicted. "I must kill him. But I also want him to provide food and massage therapy. I shall spare his life for one day more, although killing the poor simpleton would be the more merciful action. Besides, during this time of considerable debate I have grown sleepy."
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new