therman's 12 year old SPS system...top down shot, starting to enjoy this tank again

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Another quick and dirty phone photo, but a coral that I've been waiting years to get tips to sprout on, been pleading with the reef gods for this to do well the whole time. Finally have tips going!

Truly stunning in my book, seems like a branchy thin loripes, with a fluorescent gold base (with hints of green and red), and amazing tips with gold to red to purple corallites and intense blue and purple tips.

So happy this one is finally showing its true colors!

RR Olympus
4671A0FC-934E-4EC9-B937-0AC5AE7C8FBD.jpeg

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Man, that came out almost bigfoot quality on here haha

Will try for a better one with the real camera soon.

Another quick and dirty phone photo, but a coral that I've been waiting years to get tips to sprout on, been pleading with the reef gods for this to do well the whole time. Finally have tips going!

Truly stunning in my book, seems like a branchy thin loripes, with a fluorescent gold base (with hints of green and red), and amazing tips with gold to red to purple corallites and intense blue and purple tips.

So happy this one is finally showing its true colors!

RR Olympus
4671A0FC-934E-4EC9-B937-0AC5AE7C8FBD.jpeg

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An old school classic. Had a hard time getting this started years ago, now grows like CRAZY.

Paletta Pink Tip
PC191781.jpg
I scrolled past this pic and it caught my attention. I have something very similar I think. Could it be the same? I'll attach a couple old colony pics, one daylight and one with a little blue action.
Thanks and I look forward to any feedback
20190203_110142.jpg
20181230_194319.jpg

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I scrolled past this pic and it caught my attention. I have something very similar I think. Could it be the same? I'll attach a couple old colony pics, one daylight and one with a little blue action.
Thanks and I look forward to any feedback
20190203_110142.jpg
20181230_194319.jpg

Yeah, sure looks like Paletta Pink Tip. There are several newer corals that are also similar with slightly different color schemes but that looks like the original to me. Nice colony!

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, sure looks like Paletta Pink Tip. There are several newer corals that are also similar with slightly different color schemes but that looks like the original to me. Nice colony!
Lineage is lineage though and this one didnt have it.
Thanks for the reply

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
And though they rarely get the love they deserve, I really dig Hippopus. Added 2 little ORA guys back in December that have settled in really well. Not seeing a lot of new growth yet, but they always seemed slower than Tridacna in the past when I had one. I dig the crisp white pinstripes.

IMG_2554.jpeg

will25u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the most beautiful thread I’ve seen. I’ve had my tank up for a few years. I just ordered the RB Photon V2+ lights. I’ve got two SPS so far that are doing fine. If only I were closer to you, I’d be asking for frags here and there. Bravo to you!

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is the most beautiful thread I’ve seen. I’ve had my tank up for a few years. I just ordered the RB Photon V2+ lights. I’ve got two SPS so far that are doing fine. If only I were closer to you, I’d be asking for frags here and there. Bravo to you!

Thank you for the compliment! Glad people are enjoying the thread.
I ship packs out every week all over the country. Just send me a message if there is something that interests you :)

lazyreefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to thank Tim for the awesome pack he put together for me. I could not decide what I wanted from him... he had too many eye candy. Just asked him to pick for me and he hooked it up!. The packaging was fantastic. He even put a thermal sheet there. I received a shipment from one of the vendors here this Wednesday and even with the heat pack the water temp was low 60's but Tim's package was around 73. Tim's frags were huge (1.5 inches +, mostly 2") and polyps out of the bag. His plugs were super clean too!

some pics
IMG_4447.jpg
IMG_2991.jpg
IMG_2069.jpg
IMG_5263.jpg

Thanks again!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back