therman's 12 year old SPS system...top down shot, starting to enjoy this tank again

TexasReefer82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And though they rarely get the love they deserve, I really dig Hippopus. Added 2 little ORA guys back in December that have settled in really well. Not seeing a lot of new growth yet, but they always seemed slower than Tridacna in the past when I had one. I dig the crisp white pinstripes.

IMG_2554.jpeg
I also really like Hippopus clams!

Do you often set your clams directly on top of live coral like you did in the photo?

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I also really like Hippopus clams!

Do you often set your clams directly on top of live coral like you did in the photo?

I did it with the two Hippopus this time and they have done great. They shade out a little spot that dies back and it gives them a nice attachment point. I figured they look like this in the wild, so why not:
IMG_6456.jpeg

IMG_6297.jpeg

Maybe I'll put one right in the middle of the Pocillopora next :)

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well, I swear I had posted this one already, but I cannot find it.

RR/TGC Wonderland. Seems like it can be tricky to color up like Vivid Rainbow, but has a nice color scheme. I've got Joe's Rainbow, Vivid Rainbow, Z's Avenger, and this guy all growing in the same tank now. So much rainbow action :)

P7171219.jpg

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I get an updated list of what's available? Thanks.
It’s on the first page of his large for sale thread, he keeps it updated. I asked the same thing myself yesterday. Look at all his threads to find it.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I swear I had posted this one already, but I cannot find it.

RR/TGC Wonderland. Seems like it can be tricky to color up like Vivid Rainbow, but has a nice color scheme. I've got Joe's Rainbow, Vivid Rainbow, Z's Avenger, and this guy all growing in the same tank now. So much rainbow action :)

P7171219.jpg
Gotta add ur rainbow to the tank as well
This coral looks like one I should add to my list

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Haven't posted much on here in a while, but this is a gem I needed to share. Raising Reefs Blue Flame.

Its like a spathulata was stretched out into a prostrata growth form, and then two different color schemes were fused/grafted together. Makes that reef raft mille look kind of lame in comparison.

Peach/orange/blue/purple tips and yellow/blue-green base mixed together.
IMG_2612.jpeg

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Tim, do you have a picture of your Angry Birds? I thought I saw a pic of your somewhere but couldn’t track it down. I recently got a frag of what I bought as TGC Angry Birds and wanted to compare. From what I am reading now there is 2 versions of Angry Birds one is TGC and the other is RRU.

Last edited:
OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey Tim, do you have a picture of your Angry Birds? I thought I saw a pic of your somewhere but couldn’t track it down. I recently got a frag of what I bought as TGC Angry Birds and wanted to compare. From what I am reading now there is 2 versions of Angry Birds one is TGC and the other is RRU.

Here's the one I have. Unfortunately this colony mostly died back last December and I'm regrowing from a recovering base. I could not get a straight answer out of Eric which version this is after I followed up with him, I swear he called it RR USA but now the sale post is gone...

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's the one I have. Unfortunately this colony mostly died back last December and I'm regrowing from a recovering base. I could not get a straight answer out of Eric which version this is after I followed up with him, I swear he called it RR USA but now the sale post is gone...

Really sorry to hear that Tim, glad you could save it though.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What lights are over your AB and kombucha?

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't posted much on here in a while, but this is a gem I needed to share. Raising Reefs Blue Flame.

Its like a spathulata was stretched out into a prostrata growth form, and then two different color schemes were fused/grafted together. Makes that reef raft mille look kind of lame in comparison.

Peach/orange/blue/purple tips and yellow/blue-green base mixed together.
IMG_2612.jpeg

Now that’s a cool coral! I would order a pack just to get that one.

OP
OP
therman

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What lights are over your AB and kombucha?

Reefbreeders Photon v2. The AB was photographed under pretty heavy blues. The Kombucha looks like that under full spectrum, it is one of the nicest tenuis out there..kind of a purplish/indigo color.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back