Thin or thick glue for aquascape

BaileysTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on rescaping my 1 year old set up.I will be breaking the rocks already in the tank, so should I be using thin or thick glue when scaping? If thick, what export would you guys recommend or would you recommend not using any epoxy at all

Hypan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to be doing this out of the tank?
if so. The reef cements like the Nyos one are really nice. Set up fast and are like concrete.
I also like using the jurassic gel for aquascaping and some accelerator since you can get it in larger tubes. Dries clear and is super strong.
In the tank for larger pieces probably 2 part epoxy like d&d or instant ocean. Just keep in mind your skimmer will go nuts after using the epoxy.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always want to use thicker glue (ideally with accelerator)....thin won't do much to hold. I would also use some type of mortar or epoxy.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah if outside use e marco 400. Basically concrete. Works great and bulk reef supply has a video on it. I used it to put my new scape together.

Great stuff

flyfisher2

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found that the thin CA worked if the rock is dry and I used sand or the dust from breaking the rocks at the joint spot. Just let the glue run into the sand at the joint and it held pretty well so far.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back