Thin or thick glue for aquascape

BaileysTank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2021
Messages
168
Reaction score
42
Location
America
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning on rescaping my 1 year old set up.I will be breaking the rocks already in the tank, so should I be using thin or thick glue when scaping? If thick, what export would you guys recommend or would you recommend not using any epoxy at all
 
Are you going to be doing this out of the tank?
if so. The reef cements like the Nyos one are really nice. Set up fast and are like concrete.
I also like using the jurassic gel for aquascaping and some accelerator since you can get it in larger tubes. Dries clear and is super strong.
In the tank for larger pieces probably 2 part epoxy like d&d or instant ocean. Just keep in mind your skimmer will go nuts after using the epoxy.
 
Always want to use thicker glue (ideally with accelerator)....thin won't do much to hold. I would also use some type of mortar or epoxy.
 
Yeah if outside use e marco 400. Basically concrete. Works great and bulk reef supply has a video on it. I used it to put my new scape together.

Great stuff
 
I found that the thin CA worked if the rock is dry and I used sand or the dust from breaking the rocks at the joint spot. Just let the glue run into the sand at the joint and it held pretty well so far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new