Thing on hammer coral

dangit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know what this thing on my hammer coral is?
IMG_5231.jpeg
IMG_5232.jpeg

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure those are flatworms. You want to remove those ASAP. You should scrape everything since you need to get rid of the flatworms as well as their very small eggs. If you have other hammer/frogspawn/torches those need to also be thoroughly checked. I recently purchased one of those dental scalers on Amazon to do the scraping more efficiently.

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure those are flatworms. You want to remove those ASAP. You should scrape everything since you need to get rid of the flatworms as well as their very small eggs. If you have other hammer/frogspawn/torches those need to also be thoroughly checked. I recently purchased one of those dental scalers on Amazon to do the scraping more efficiently.
Second this. If I’m doubt, kick it out. Scrape off anything that can potentially look like an infection & deep it. My suggestion is to not even run the gamble.

OP
OP
dangit

dangit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this coming out the bottom of my frag look like a flatworm?I know the pictures are horrible I can’t get good ones bc it’s so small but it looks to be coming out of a white tube that is underneath the frag plug
IMG_5234.jpeg

IMG_5233.jpeg

OP
OP
dangit

dangit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this coming out the bottom of my frag look like a flatworm?I know the pictures are horrible I can’t get good ones bc it’s so small but it looks to be coming out of a white tube that is underneath the frag plug
IMG_5234.jpeg

IMG_5233.jpeg
I see it pulling back into its white cocoon looking thing every now and then

DrkNMighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5234.jpeg

IMG_5233.jpeg
Hard to tell from pictures but that sounds like a feather duster.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you may be right based on what I just looked up… thanks for your knowledge
In your original picture, the white tube with the red fringe on top is also a feather duster worm.

As others have said, if you suspect the larger thing is a flatworm, take the frag out of the tank and remove any flatworms with tweezers or something similar. You will still need to worry about eggs, but it's best to catch the obvious ones when you can.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 129 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.3%
Back