Things You Wish You Never Put In You Tank!

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant beleive I have not seen the Damsel...."They are a cheap fish that will help cycle your tank."- Every LFS owner.

True. So many damsels have bad attitudes. I have 3 Springer's damsels that are great though. They're a mild mannered damsel that doesn't bother much. They live with an algae blenny and a pair of ocellaris clowns. Never had any problems with them. Now something like sergeant majors, I've had them attack me in the Bahamas while I was snorkeling. Those things are nuts. I've seem them sell for $10 each at LFS. They'll intimidate fish 4 times their size.

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 line wrasse,yellow tang and lawnmower blenny will never see my 700-they were terrors in my 450 and a pain to get out.

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dave- he tortured any other wrasse I tried to add and he had 450g worth of water to live in-too mean for my taste.

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
sixlines can be vicious. Mine used to think he owned the whole tank, terrorized my poor chalk basslet. Luckily I knew a guy with a nano that only planned on one fish. Now he does own a whole tank.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 49.2%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.2%
Back