Thinking about adding fish....Which?

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking of adding the last bit of fish to my tank but I am unsure of which to add I have wanted both but not sure....A lfs in town has a trio of Lyretail Anthias 1 male 2 smaller females. They are one type of fish I always wanted but not sure if the tank size they could handle it.

The second is some type of Fairy wrasse the ones I really want prices are to steep for me right now but there are some pretty ones a bit cheaper.....I have read alot on fairy wrasses, what I want to know is some experienced reefers with the anthias and how much aggressiveness they have and if they would be a good fit with 2 mature B&W Clowns, Sailfin, 2 firefish, Redhead Elegant pseudochromis....I have a lot of open room for swimming and enough current I think they would like.....Any experience on Anthias would be great...

Raptor

Angel Of Death
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank?
I would not put fairys in with that psudo. IMO
How about a nice red firefish or 2?

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Azurel:

I've had many different anthias over the years. My favorite are the Bartletts. The lyretail males are gorgeous, but can become very aggressive. Others like ventralis are amazing in color, but are very difficult to get to accept frozen foods.

I love my flame wrasse. His tank mates include 2 B&W clowns, sailfin and hippo tang, tail spot bleeny and 4 chromis.

Hope this helps
Brandon

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank?
I would not put fairys in with that psudo. IMO
How about a nice red firefish or 2?

It's a 60g Cube w a 10g sump right now....I already have 2 firefish and the redhead doesn't bother anything but my fireshrimp.....

I have heard males can become aggressive thanks for the info BKV.....Yea I would like toget a Flame for sure. If I could find one with in my reasonable price range I would jump on it...

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like the Bartletts.....That or if I can find one a male & female Pink margin wrasse....

Thanks for the tip on the Bartletts, BKV....

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bartlett's are GORGEOUS! However, as Austin says they do have a tendency to go male... Here is my Male, one female, and one juvenile Bi-Color anthias as well. I have two bicolors, they were mixed in with an order of Bartlett's at a LFS. They are pretty too though!

543308452_zVWMw-L.jpg

Here is one of my Lyre Tails:
524380809_ejaVm-L.jpg

In my opinion BOTH are great fish, and according to some information in that thread that Austin linked, Anthias can be kept in smaller tanks as they tend to swim in place.

Just make sure you have a mesh top on there!

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that whole thread....Thanks for shareing Austin....Now I am not sure of the Bartletts...Might just go with fairy wrasses seems to be less trouble....Bartletts sure are pretty though...Well they all are pretty...

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back