Thinking about building a Pico desktop for my work desk

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2015
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
2,227
Location
Columbia MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a slow day today at work and I was looking at this blank space on my desk and it hit me that would be a great spot for a Pico tank, no more than 5 gallons. I have a my full blow reef at home and could bring some frags in. But I have never built a pico tank before. Any recommendations for an all in one setup that looks nice for an office environment?
 
What about the biocube 14? My LFS has them on sale. Seems like a solid setup that out of the box could support soft corals and some LPS. I really just want something that would house a pair of clowns, anemone, mushrooms, and zoas. Maybe a cleaner shrimp. Ready to go out of the box that looks nice. If the foot print is 15x15 I don't care about the capacity.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new