Thinking About GHL Profilux 4?

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering how the GHL Profilux 4 software compares to Fusion. I am familiar with Fusion. Is there anywhere to go to get software experience for Profilux? My main concerns are the GHL forum seems empty compared to Neptune Systems boards and that Fusion seems to make everything so easy.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FirstContact on my build thread are some examples of the website and now the app.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/switching-controllers.316106/

I am currently switching from Apex to GHL and very fimiliar with both now.

There is no overall documentation on the GHL website, but can supply screeen shots, and help answer specific questions.

I was quite surprised how easy it was to setup, and the documentation they do have is quite good.

Last edited:

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Videos of Profilux.

GHL software is pretty straight forward. Neptune needed to do something so they did fusion before fusion Neptune's software was difficult and still is when you get past simple task's.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this doesn’t help much... but I have a GHL Profilux 4 ultimate set in black being delivered today! No experience with controllers so I’ll let you know how it all goes!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Profilux 3 ex controller and it is not supported yet. I having set the connect app up yet for my dosers as support for them was just added this week. I mess with my dosers way more than the Profilux. Once the controller is set up I don’t mess with it much. [emoji3]

OP
OP
FirstContact

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I am at work now and will review tonight. I am particularly interested in how to control my Maxspect Gyres.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWIII The app is very good. It not a mobile version of a website within a app but an actual app that access the devices directly.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto Sounds good! Then MyGHL is the cloud based program to access the controller anywhere, correct? My ultimate package came in yesterday. Gonna try to get this thing going tonight/this weekend. Appreciate all the discussion here by you all to help figure some of this stuff out!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct the MYGHL is the cloud version access if anywhere.

The App is when your on your network. Make sure you upgrade to the latest wireless firmware on your device for the app to work.

OP
OP
FirstContact

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto. Reading a lot about GHL this weekend. I’m wondering if Profilux can mirror the programming BRS did with their Maxspect Gyres and if the Ice Cap interface will work with Profilux. They were running from 100% at 45 minutes and then down to 0% over 45 minutes and then 0% for 45 minutes and the two Gyres were anti-synched.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on programming side, but when I was looking to hook up my Jebao pumps I came across this video. It shows how to hook up the gyre to the profilux.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FirstContact Should not be an issue by what I have read and seen with stream pumps control. With the breakout box connected to the Icecaps.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ditto. Reading a lot about GHL this weekend. I’m wondering if Profilux can mirror the programming BRS did with their Maxspect Gyres and if the Ice Cap interface will work with Profilux. They were running from 100% at 45 minutes and then down to 0% over 45 minutes and then 0% for 45 minutes and the two Gyres were anti-synched.
I am thinking you might be able to do this, using illumination settings, and have each pump assigned an illumination schedule. This is interesting me, so I am gonna play with it and see what I come up with.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back