OP
OP
K

kwjones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
R/T the associated costs of everything, my wife believes (or at least she pretends to believe) that every piece of equipment I buy/add is half of what it really is...LOL (I think she just humors me actually). Of course, there is always the occasional items won in a contest as well...If she is apt to purchasing livestock and such, always take her with you to the LFS or while shopping online.

:cool: :cool::cool:
She would go to the LFS while I was at work. I came home to a snowflake eel in my tank one day.

OP
OP
K

kwjones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the buzz of starting new tank
I couldn't sleep last night because my brain wouldn't shut down on planning out the plumbing, where to put the electrical stuff, trying to remember how to calculate head pressure for a return pump, do I want to build a tiny durso or herbie overflow... It just doesn't stop.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
[...]do I want to build a tiny durso or herbie overflow....

Two drains in the return are better than one and three are better than two, so I would encourage you to err on the side of redundancy.

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't sleep last night because my brain wouldn't shut down on planning out the plumbing, where to put the electrical stuff, trying to remember how to calculate head pressure for a return pump, do I want to build a tiny durso or herbie overflow... It just doesn't stop.

So you basically already have it!
You just haven't ordered it yet...
Or paid for it...
Or received it...

Minor details. lol

Tiger Brown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!!! As a PA person I have been going to That Pet Place since it was just That Fish Place back in the 1980's. Most of my equipment is from that store. I don't like to badmouth any person, product or store, I would just caution you on getting fish from TPP, be highly choosy and you will definitely need to quarantine.

OP
OP
K

kwjones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!!! As a PA person I have been going to That Pet Place since it was just That Fish Place back in the 1980's. Most of my equipment is from that store. I don't like to badmouth any person, product or store, I would just caution you on getting fish from TPP, be highly choosy and you will definitely need to quarantine.
I doubt I'll be buying livestock there. They used to be really good, but my wife and I were super disappointed when we walked through the fish room. We got most of our fish from Exotic Aquatics in Baltimore, but they closed a while ago.

Auto-pilot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hope your able to figure out all the details! To be honest with you, sometimes you dont need a lot of fancy things and stuff to start your tank. All I had in my first tank was an led light a power head and a HOB filter. If you put the tank on an exterior wall you really don't have to worry about the structure of the house. I have a 120gallon tank in a 2 story room in a house that was built in 1910. There are a lot of people here who not only want to help; but also have the knowledge to answer most of the questions you have.

Happy reefing!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with your tank with a ton of photos! ;)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome26.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back