• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Thinking about selling my entire system

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I have:

The Marineland 120 XH (60x18x26) - Coast to coast drilled overflow for Beananimal 1" drains)
302 aquatics 48" sump (may be 40)
Reef Octopus Classic 200INT
Apex Classic with WXM and double junction pH
Sicce 5.0
Clearwater Algae Scrubber CW100
ATI 6x80W T5 (4 B+, C+, P+, Actinic spare) with aluminum mounting bracket that sits on top of the tank
Stand I made with removable doors - engineered to hold in excess of 3,000 lbs.
2 Finnex Titanium heaters (300W and a 200W)

Hippo Tang
Tomini Tang
2 Occy Clowns
Midas Blenny
120 lbs of Reef Cleaners rock
Whatever Corals I have (Slimer, Purple Stylo, Purple Digitata, Forest Fire Digitata, Pink Birdsnest, Green Digitata)

Link to the build thread:

Not sure what to ask, was thinking $2,000, but I really don't know.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you talked to your LFS and asked them what they would buy from you? Many stores will buy used equipment so they can resell it. Other ideas is there a local club my club members always jump on sales like this to purchase items. It is harder to sell the whole aquarium and fish as one lot. As not everyone will want the whole thing. You may need to break it up. Getting rid of the animals first then once they are gone breaking down the tank and cleaning everything up for sale.

OP
OP
pdiehm

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, the only local place is about an hour away. they won't buy livestock but they would offer me store credits (tomato/tamato).

The good thing about the fish I have is, none are overly high maintenance, each has gone through an extensive QT process and are fat and healthy.

The equipment will sell, I'm not worried about that. it's the tank and stand that i have concerns about. The stand is a beast though, my brother in law is an engineer and we over did it massively.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back