OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe @jda and I have 2 completely different objectives. I have a very small tank, 50g, and care more about low mortality, color, and PE. Fast growth would be a bonus but I’m not going to risk killing anything by over stripping the water, which I believe makes stressing events like parameters swings exponentially worse. My parameters swing quite a bit with almost zero consequences. I’ve lost a few pieces here and there but most ppl do. Anyone that says otherwise is lying to you.

Where was I….oh yeah. I don’t care about fast growth. I sell frags from time to time but I do more trading than anything. Trading is what makes it fun for me….

Btw….I don’t need/want anymore Tenuis. I’m only interested in speciosa’s now.

@jda rebuttal should be fun…for all of us. It’ll probably be tomorrow though. He likes to “think….and then think some more”

Last edited:

Doctor Derp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it weird that my po4 drops, significantly, when my skimmer off for a couple days?
Friday
96B5B650-5CCF-49BF-AE87-40F0D67A5B18.jpeg

Just now
FCE8A8E0-D9DE-42BC-9002-E762785144D8.jpeg
I would think your skimmer is keeping bacterial load lower while running, and you're seeing a spike in consumption based upon much higher bioload in your water column. Same principle as cutting off skimmer and uv when dosing bacteria.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think your skimmer is keeping bacterial load lower while running, and you're seeing a spike in consumption based upon much higher bioload in your water column. Same principle as cutting off skimmer and uv when dosing bacteria.
Sooo, don’t use a skimmer if you want to lower Po4?

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be a silly question but I’ve noticed recently people mounting frags on the stem of their plugs instead of the tops. What is the reason for this?
Not silly…I’ve never seen it until you pointed it out. My first thoughts are better flow but I’m not a expert by any means…

Last edited:

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to know the reason for it. Are they then glued to one the correct way up to fit into a frag rack? This then means 2 plugs per frag which increases cost.
You could go it that way looks like those were just sitting or glued plate facing down on some LR. I’m sure they will fill us in tomorrow or late night

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be a silly question but I’ve noticed recently people mounting frags on the stem of their plugs instead of the tops. What is the reason for this?
I remount every frag that I get in and started doing it like this bc it holds better this way and frankly looks better than the traditional look. I use to cut the stem off or just glue them to rubble rock but for some reason that way takes forever for them to encrust. We’ll see if this way leads to faster growth.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love to know the reason for it. Are they then glued to one the correct way up to fit into a frag rack? This then means 2 plugs per frag which increases cost.
I only do this for my display or grow outs.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back