This may have been a mistake with this diamond goby.

mmorrison55

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2024
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
1,547
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I may live to regret this fish choice, but I hope not.

But dang… look at how much he’s moved around in just a short time of being added to the display about two hours ago. This rock was on a level sandbed, and now the rock is almost below the sand bed level.

 
I just went back to look and he’s gone. I can’t find him anywhere. Guess he’s burrowed under a rock somewhere.
 
I can add that mine dug a cave and hid in it for about three weeks as soon as he was added into the tank. I could peek into that part of the tank and see him so I knew he was there but he would never move from his hiding spot.

Then one day he decided he had enough of that and started moving around the tank sifting sand and blowing it out his gills. When feeding he is out there to make sure he gets his share. He is no longer hiding day to day but if startled he will run back to his hiding hole.

Hopefully @mmorrison55 will find him soon.
 
Be sure to check around the tank if you don’t have a snug lid.

These guys jump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new