This one time, at the LFS...

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the weirdest experience with my LFS this weekend. I went in and bought two Radion G3 non-pros. Both had broken seals and when I opened the boxes real quick to check everything looked normal, and I have shopped with this LFS for a while, so I figured they may have just opened it to show someone or something like that. When I got home and unstacked the boxes, (I carried them stacked together the whole time), I noticed one box was lighter than the other. I opened it up and it was missing the power inverter. This raised my suspicions so I checked the serial number of the G3 versus what was on the box and they were different. I checked the other G3 I bought and everything matched. When I looked at both radions next to each other, I also noticed the LED pucks looked a little different as well. I connected it to ESL and turns out it was a G3 Pro. Called the LFS and let them know about it being a Pro and about it missing the power supply. They apologized and said I could come in and get a power supply for it, and if I wanted to keep the pro I could since they didn't have any more G3 non-pro in stock. I let them know my concern was that the pro and non-pro may look different under deep blue/20k settings since the pro has more blue leds, and they said if I want to I can always come in and get it swapped for a G3 non-pro. I haven't set it up yet but will find out later tonight how it looks.

Has anyone else just had a weird LFS experience?

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 28 16.8%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 24 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.0%
Back