This one time, at the LFS...

  • Thread starter Thread starter abecker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

abecker

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 14, 2015
Messages
520
Reaction score
188
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the weirdest experience with my LFS this weekend. I went in and bought two Radion G3 non-pros. Both had broken seals and when I opened the boxes real quick to check everything looked normal, and I have shopped with this LFS for a while, so I figured they may have just opened it to show someone or something like that. When I got home and unstacked the boxes, (I carried them stacked together the whole time), I noticed one box was lighter than the other. I opened it up and it was missing the power inverter. This raised my suspicions so I checked the serial number of the G3 versus what was on the box and they were different. I checked the other G3 I bought and everything matched. When I looked at both radions next to each other, I also noticed the LED pucks looked a little different as well. I connected it to ESL and turns out it was a G3 Pro. Called the LFS and let them know about it being a Pro and about it missing the power supply. They apologized and said I could come in and get a power supply for it, and if I wanted to keep the pro I could since they didn't have any more G3 non-pro in stock. I let them know my concern was that the pro and non-pro may look different under deep blue/20k settings since the pro has more blue leds, and they said if I want to I can always come in and get it swapped for a G3 non-pro. I haven't set it up yet but will find out later tonight how it looks.

Has anyone else just had a weird LFS experience?
 
Would never spend that kind of money on a non sealed box.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new