This phyto has to be dead, right?

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the DIY phyto thing a while back. When I stopped culturing it, I had 4 full mason jars of it in my fridge. That was a few months back. I was just about to toss them, but when I shook the jars, instead of the water turning yellow/brown, it was still bright green.
It can't possibly still be alive, can it?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What shade of green? Most of the phyto cells would have sunk to the bottom of the container and died, so the bottom should be dark green, and the top should be light green almost clear.

You shook the container, so I believe you just shook up dead phyto.

OP
OP
J

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What shade of green? Most of the phyto cells would have sunk to the bottom of the container and died, so the bottom should be dark green, and the top should be light green almost clear.
That's how it started, yes. Normally I would have shaken them every day, but I forgot about them, then I wanted to see just how much it would settle and, yes, the top was clear, the bottom was green. I was just used to seeing it turn yellow but this looks the same as when it started.

To be clear, I have no intention of using this, so it's not like I'm trying to convince myself it's still alive. I was just curious.

Back