This snake oil?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

srusso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have great respect for the BRS team, always noticed your site was largely void of snake oil products. I have no experience with this product and would like to assume these claims are true but I have got to say... This one seems like a real "snake-y one"...
Screenshot_20181106-153059_Chrome.jpeg

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like Dr. Tim's Waste the regular version not too sure about this one however.

Justintegra99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have great respect for the BRS team, always noticed your site was largely void of snake oil products. I have no experience with this product and would like to assume these claims are true but I have got to say... This one seems like a real "snake-y one"...
Screenshot_20181106-153059_Chrome.jpeg
The dosing size is what makes me suspect. $11 for a size that is only good for 10g tanks? Is someone with a 100g tank really going to look at buying 10 of these to throw in the sump?

OP
OP
srusso

srusso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dosing size is what makes me suspect. $11 for a size that is only good for 10g tanks? Is someone with a 100g tank really going to look at buying 10 of these to throw in the sump?
They actually have larger units. My discussion here is how can this even work? What is the science of it? Maybe worth a BRS investigation?

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm no microbiologist, nor can I claim I have a scientific idea of how this works specifically.

It's likely a proprietary bacterial blend from Dr. Tim and I'll reach him directly to see if he can shed some light on how the process works. Would be a good one to test in some Investigates tanks where maybe we could build up some detritus in multiple tanks and use this in a couple to see if we can replicate the effects that the label suggests. :)

Stickboy15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I a freshwater version of this for my freshwater tank in a my aquarium box subscription and honestly it was a waste I noticed no difference at all

OP
OP
srusso

srusso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All joking aside, I want to keep things respectful here. Ryan was awesome and willing to contact Dr Tim who is also willing to discuss his products with us. I couldn't imagine Dr Tim would want discuss the product if we are roasting him before he arrives.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All joking aside, I want to keep things respectful here. Ryan was awesome and willing to contact Dr Tim who is also willing to discuss his products with us. I couldn't imagine Dr Tim would want discuss the product if we are roasting him before he arrives.

I agree it's amazing to have this level of interaction with a vendor and product creator.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back