Those with clams and angels.

Jason Austin

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
148
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma City
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you kept the two together? How big were the clams...angels? What kind of angel? Size tank.

I have a couple large clams I want to keep when I move into the larger reef that will be spa angel dominated.

Thanks for any input.

Jason.
 
I had a lemon peel dwarf angel and a 5" derasa clam. The key word is had. The lemon peel killed the clam and a few corals. It got traded to a new tank.
 
I have two regals and 1 large clam. My larger Regal is about 5'' and the smaller one is about 3''. I also have a flame angel and nobody pays the clam any attention. My tank is a 105 rimless
 
Last edited:
I have a flame, (2) Golden, (2) Multi-Bar, (2) Flameback, (3) Bellus, Multicolor, Venustus, Regal and until recently had a large Goldflake.

I have had clams for years without any issue.

It depends on the individual angel. I have had flameback and multicolors in the past that have nipped.

Dave B
 
This is fantastic news. I was thinking it was more rare to not have issues. Glad to hear the success.

I've got a 7" blue maxima and a 12 squamy I really want to keep. Looks like ill have to roll the dice. It first sign of trouble ill pull the clams.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new