Thought I had a Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

anonomous09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd give them some time to sort it out. Working in a different industry, but with high demand products it can be tough when a web order becomes over sold and you are scrambling to find the customer a unit. They haven't become so popular from offering bad service. Give them some time to sort it out. Just my $.02

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see @Terence is also on this thread, he’s probably saying “Oh thank god, FINALLY, someone isn’t upset with something I said or did”, LOL!!! Seriously, you r eager to get a Trident and I know @Bulk Reef Supply is eager to sell u one, so like I said earlier, when u calm down after having a few beers, call BRS and I have no doubt they will fix this issue.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see @Terence is also on this thread, he’s probably saying “Oh thank god, FINALLY, someone isn’t upset with something I said or did”, LOL!!! Seriously, you r eager to get a Trident and I know @Bulk Reef Supply is eager to sell u one, so like I said earlier, when u calm down after having a few beers, call BRS and I have no doubt they will fix this issue.

I'm getting there. Maybe a beer or 4 will help when I get home from work.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you have no idea on what you're talking about. Do you work at this store? What's your fact based statements based on?
Based on that's how it works. It's in stock, people order it and then it goes out of stock. So yes, I have a good idea on what I'm talking about. Settle yourself. It's just an alkalinity tester.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a bit of a stretch.

The problem is actually with the vendor who is selling the product and the application they are using to do so. Specifically with regards to adding an item from "in stock" to your cart and how it isn't removed from their inventory. This is handled different on other eCommerce sites believe it or not. Usually you add an item to your cart it is immediately removed from inventory and a timer is started with it. If the person doesn't buy it in an amount of time it is removed from the cart and placed back in inventory.

In the case of @Demonic he actually paid for the product and later updated shipping. In the case of BRS and how their portal works his item was removed from inventory and his. I'm pretty sure BRS would, or if they don't should (because he has a confirmation number) honor his purchase when the next units come in.

In my case it is just how their portal works and no matter how I feel about it and believe it is a poor design ( i work with larger eCommerce sites(HP)) it is what it is. Me complaining about it isn't doing any good.
I get it. But still. It's an alkalinity tester. It's ok. Everyone settle down.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you call it in will you get instant gratification? Might be the way to go for these things
What I meant to say was, Call the order in like the old days, let the shipping and sales guys battle it out to see who gets the last one. Here is a tip ask for Bubba
tenor.gif

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
I get it. But still. It's an alkalinity tester. It's ok. Everyone settle down.

+ Mag + Cal. I hear you. Also agree. Most people are settled and it isn't an issue. However, in the case of the one person here if you take a step back and put yourself in his position (completed checkout, upgraded shipping, etc) wouldn't you wonder what happened and why the reseller isn't fixing the problem? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Also to be fair in their case they haven't, nor anyone here for that matter, stomped their little size 6 foot and demanded anything other than to take a look at what happened. I mean outside the normal frustration. No matter - we can agree to disagree with the exception of yes, no one got hurt and no one died.

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the frustration is well warranted and telling OP to be patient and let it go is practical advise but only partial. There is clearly a tech related issue that prevents BRS from providing the user interface that we all desire. This probably ONLY becomes an issue with hot items, which in all honesty doesn't come around all the frequently. Whether they read this topic and fix their tech, who knows.

From a product perspective, I think this should be a reason for the BRS team to review their inventory management software and find ways to improve it. Who knows, in making this and other related fixes will help buyers with a smoother and more transparent transaction process, but also help BRS make better inventory decisions via optimizations.

U

User1

View Badges
What no Pecans;)

No, no Pecans. BTW - your avatar always makes me smile. I don't know why, but it does. Maybe that should have been through a direct message but there you go.

@Variant with regards to your post it seems there are some forum members who are actually getting tired of seeing these threads or maybe specifically this one and thinking we are angry with BRS. There is a post giving them golden bombs of light and love. I can see their point and it is probably well deserved. I'll go so far as to say I started a reply to it then decided not to. It isn't proper. My point in the reply is that while some are rightly frustrated in the two threads I'm thinking of - everyone has been respectful.

R2R is classy in that way.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is actually with the vendor who is selling the product and the application they are using to do so. Specifically with regards to adding an item from "in stock" to your cart and how it isn't removed from their inventory. This is handled different on other eCommerce sites believe it or not. Usually you add an item to your cart it is immediately removed from inventory and a timer is started with it. If the person doesn't buy it in an amount of time it is removed from the cart and placed back in inventory

I think there are a lot of issues at play here. And honestly I think that in the type of business that BRS is in it’s not normal for the inventory system to take an item out of stock when you put it in your cart. It’s the same with their competitors like Marine Depot or even huge companies like Target and Amazon. You can put as much as you want in your cart, but it isn’t yours until it’s been paid for.

Normally this isn’t an issue because 99.9% of the products they sell don’t sell out 5 minutes after going into stock. And often people will put items in their cart and not buy them until hours or days later. I know for me sometimes I’ll put something in my cart that I know I need, but it doesn’t meet the minimum price for free shipping and I don’t need it right away, so I’ll just leave it in my cart so I don’t forget about it next time I need to place a bigger order. I wouldn’t expect them to take the item out of inventory for that nor would I be happy if it was taken out of my cart if I didn’t make the purchase within a short time.

There are certainly some e-commerce sites, like ticketmaster which do take items out of inventory when you put them in your cart and you do need to complete the purchase within a short period of time. Those systems are designed for things with very limited inventory (in the case of stadium seats there is only one of each seat) and it is absolutely appropriate and necessary for their business.

That sort of system would also be perfect for the Trident too, but the issue is that as I said above, this is just one product out of the thousands that BRS sells where they need a system like that. This is also just a temporary situation... in a few weeks or a few months the rush will be over and Tridents will be sitting on store shelves and you’ll be able to buy one whenever you want. As nice as it would be it just doesn’t make sense for BRS to spend a lot of resources upgrading and changing their systems for a situation like this that might come around once every few years.

I am not denying that the current Trident situation is terrible and there needs to be a better option available, but with Neptune not allowing preorders and with the e-commerce system that BRS does have I’m not really sure what better options there are that are feasible and realistic to implement immediately.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to calm down but I keep thinking about one thing. I got nothing for communication. No email, no phone call, no text, and no money. I’m left here wondering.

I remember the days when there was a problem with an order I got at least an email. Hell Adam from Battlecorals even calls me!

Total silence! That’s not the BRS I remember when I was in the hobby years back, but maybe times have changed. Maybe they’re just too busy to be on that personal level that they were on years back. Maybe my expectations are too high for the new times we are in.

I just can’t get over a few key aspects of how things are playing out. Was I really the last one to order or did mine just get left out. So many questions go unanswered, not that I deserve any answers. Hell what’s 700 or so dollars to them.. sure is a lot to me though.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not denying that the current Trident situation is terrible and there needs to be a better option available, but with Neptune not allowing preorders
Before the release a insider mentioned that the warehouses were full and they were waiting on software to be perfect before unleashing the trident;) It seems that this is a staged release to create an artificial demand. Instead I read others are looking at other options as a result.
modern-warehouse-full-of-cardboard-stock-illustrations_csp55465376.jpg

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the release a insider mentioned that the warehouses were full and they were waiting on software to be perfect before unleashing the trident;) It seems that this is a staged release to create an artificial demand. Instead I read others are looking at other options as a result.
modern-warehouse-full-of-cardboard-stock-illustrations_csp55465376.jpg

I honestly can’t imagine that’s true. They’re getting a lot of bad press from this and really I think there is enough demand even without trying to “artificially raise” it.

In the end, believe what you want, but I’m not really much of a conspiracy theorist

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back