Thought I had a Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to calm down but I keep thinking about one thing. I got nothing for communication. No email, no phone call, no text, and no money. I’m left here wondering.

I remember the days when there was a problem with an order I got at least an email. Hell Adam from Battlecorals even calls me!

Total silence! That’s not the BRS I remember when I was in the hobby years back, but maybe times have changed. Maybe they’re just too busy to be on that personal level that they were on years back. Maybe my expectations are too high for the new times we are in.

I just can’t get over a few key aspects of how things are playing out. Was I really the last one to order or did mine just get left out. So many questions go unanswered, not that I deserve any answers. Hell what’s 700 or so dollars to them.. sure is a lot to me though.
Did you not call BRS and then hang up on them when they told you they over sold? Why don’t you call back and talk to them like a human being and they’ll either honor your order when units come in or refund your money. You can’t expect immediate resolution by complaining online. If they had $700 of my money I would be calling there customer service nonstop for a resolution

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you not call BRS and then hang up on them when they told you they over sold? Why don’t you call back and talk to them like a human being and they’ll either honor your order when units come in or refund your money. You can’t expect immediate resolution by complaining online. If they had $700 of my money I would be calling there customer service nonstop for a resolution

If you read the post, I wanted to cool down. After that I said just refund my money and then hung up. I was at work when I called so I didn't have time to discuss. I was more upset that I had to call first and not getting a call or email

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Adam from BRS here. I'm out of the office, but you have my word that I'll look into this as soon as I'm back in the office in the morning. It sounds like mistakes were made, but I'm sure that we can find a way to make it right for you.
I was at least refunded my 28 bucks for expedited shipping. At least I got something back

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
c1ee24324c3daec7bb338e43e1b96329.jpg

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6066697a14d2ecae9abd20ea6fb9e9cb.jpg

It sounds like a nonissue in the end but very frustrating in the beginning. I’m sure if you spoke to them they would make it right. I have called there many times while doing my build and they are always amazingly accommodating. Today I was in Minneapolis for the first time and heading to the airport to come home and asked the uber drive to take me to BRS I just wanted to see the building and maybe step inside to say hello and thanks. They were so hospitable. Took me on an impromptu tour of the facilities and I even met Randy and the front desk person (getting old forget his name bc I was geeked out) gave me some great pointers on my build.

Hope it all works out. Having said that I do have my Trident! [emoji1695]

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m trying to calm down but I keep thinking about one thing. I got nothing for communication. No email, no phone call, no text, and no money. I’m left here wondering.

I remember the days when there was a problem with an order I got at least an email. Hell Adam from Battlecorals even calls me!

Total silence! That’s not the BRS I remember when I was in the hobby years back, but maybe times have changed. Maybe they’re just too busy to be on that personal level that they were on years back. Maybe my expectations are too high for the new times we are in.

I just can’t get over a few key aspects of how things are playing out. Was I really the last one to order or did mine just get left out. So many questions go unanswered, not that I deserve any answers. Hell what’s 700 or so dollars to them.. sure is a lot to me though.

OK - so lets be real - you hung up on them because you got mad. Its an alkalinity (and who cares - a calcium Mg monitor (joke intended)). BRS is a good company - go to the chat and resolve it. :):)? Everyone (meaning them) makes a mistake - now and then...... Ask for free shipping (funny the autocorrect changed it to free whipping).... And move on.

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the frustration is well warranted and telling OP to be patient and let it go is practical advise but only partial. There is clearly a tech related issue that prevents BRS from providing the user interface that we all desire. This probably ONLY becomes an issue with hot items, which in all honesty doesn't come around all the frequently. Whether they read this topic and fix their tech, who knows.

From a product perspective, I think this should be a reason for the BRS team to review their inventory management software and find ways to improve it. Who knows, in making this and other related fixes will help buyers with a smoother and more transparent transaction process, but also help BRS make better inventory decisions via optimizations.
Took them a week to confirm from the tech dpt. to fix a slow web site. This will take 50 meetings and months.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK - so lets be real - you hung up on them because you got mad. Its an alkalinity (and who cares - a calcium Mg monitor (joke intended)). BRS is a good company - go to the chat and resolve it. :):)? Everyone (meaning them) makes a mistake - now and then...... Ask for free shipping (funny the autocorrect changed it to free whipping).... And move on.

You're right mostly about hanging for being mad. I was mad and hung up because I didn't want to be unprofessional in my workplace or on the phone with the gentleman who probably had no control over how things played out.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I myself would have called and demanded a refund while I was on the phone. I know mistakes happen (people’s fault). They instantly took your money. Fair is fair.

More and more these companies now a days are getting worse and worse. Take you money with no items on hand and wait for the manufacture to send it to you or oversell. The cycle just gets worse because people want to make excuses for mistakes. Own your own.

What they should have done after the first circus at release was phone sales only. That way the knew what was on hand and people paid for it.

I personally quit using bsrs a couple months ago. Slow website really irritated me. Plus anything that was labeled brs equipment wise does not even come close in performance of brand name products.

I may use them in a pinch for a Bulk head or something.

At the end of the day my hat hangs at another’s reef supply website and will continue to.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I have never had a problem with BRS before this, this one is definitely a little sour. I did say just refund my money before I "vacated" the phone call abruptly. I tend to have a short temper. Throughout the day I got better and kept thinking about the communication, or lack thereof.

Then I started reading on FB, I hate that place, and read that a guy was able to grab his second one from BRS. This blew my lid again, so mine was beat out by a guy who already bought one through them.

I'm not sure why I'm letting this get to me, I should be accustomed to it by now. The military should have at least taught me to just take what I get and deal with it. In this case, my 20 bucks back at least.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And @randyBRS, I see you lurking. I have no ill will towards the company. I really would have been fine with some communication or a why this happened. Especially after I was able to expedite my shipping and then left in the dark. Just some answers would have made this situation a lot better.

Someone finally called and told me they were refunding the shipping and I appreciate that and offered to put me on a list.

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I have never had a problem with BRS before this, this one is definitely a little sour. I did say just refund my money before I "vacated" the phone call abruptly. I tend to have a short temper. Throughout the day I got better and kept thinking about the communication, or lack thereof.

Then I started reading on FB, I hate that place, and read that a guy was able to grab his second one from BRS. This blew my lid again, so mine was beat out by a guy who already bought one through them.

I'm not sure why I'm letting this get to me, I should be accustomed to it by now. The military should have at least taught me to just take what I get and deal with it. In this case, my 20 bucks back at least.

The military part explains everything. We service members rely on thing to work in a certain order.

When you hold up your side and they don’t you get ticked. That’s normal for us. It’s in the training.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came here to vent... still fuming though. I wish the process was explained instead of sorry. Like a slap in the face. They still have my money, along with the expedited shipping money.

Well think about it this way. In your situation, u should be first for a unit from the next shipment within a week. That should ease your frustrations and make getting a unit super easy. Hopfulky u can even complain your way into free faster ahipping. If u just quit now im sure it will make another reefer SUPER happy to get your unit but u still going to be mad u dont have one a month from now and stewing in it. And if your tank cant make it another week or less waiting to get one, then the the Trident probably not going to help u out anyways. Sorry, not trying to be mean and I understand the frustration, it just sounds like u r like me and will be even more mad if u give up. Especially when u in a prime position to receive one ahead of others

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well think about it this way. In your situation, u should be first for a unit from the next shipment within a week. That should ease your frustrations and make getting a unit super easy. Hopfulky u can even complain your way into free faster ahipping. If u just quit now im sure it will make another reefer SUPER happy to get your unit but u still going to be mad u dont have one a month from now and stewing in it. And if your tank cant make it another week or less waiting to get one, then the the Trident probably not going to help u out anyways. Sorry, not trying to be mean and I understand the frustration, it just sounds like u r like me and will be even more mad if u give up. Especially when u in a prime position to receive one ahead of others

You’re probably right on the aspects here. I asked them to give me a day or so when they called this evening. Honestly my decision will be easy once I find out why I was left out. Was I truly the last on the list or just forgot about? Why did you decide not to call me and tell me this personally or answer my emails? I don’t make the best decisions when I’m frustrated so I’m trying to cool down by venting, and of course keyboard warriors try and stir the pot to make things worse.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re probably right on the aspects here. I asked them to give me a day or so when they called this evening. Honestly my decision will be easy once I find out why I was left out. Was I truly the last on the list or just forgot about? Why did you decide not to call me and tell me this personally or answer my emails? I don’t make the best decisions when I’m frustrated so I’m trying to cool down by venting, and of course keyboard warriors try and stir the pot to make things worse.

Just a wild guess, but if they put 20 units on the site they make only 20 people happy and 3000 people + mad. And I'm sure a good portion of the 3000 r sending emails and calling to voice their frustration. Just saying they probably a lil busy. IMHO if they will send u the first of next shipment why wouldn't u take it? Seems reasonable in this situation since they have thousands of other people that would gladly pony up for your unit. A portion of them willing to pay a higher price then u will be. Now if they made u go back and do the bidding game like everyone else (since your order was confirmed and paid) then id say u have reason to be mad. If u dont give them the chance to make it right (within a short time frame) then i feel u will regret it and a year down the road, a week or less waiting will seem just silly to ya. We all be fighting for for the next latest ......... greatest. Haha

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Justba wild guess, but if they put 20 units on the site they make onlyb20 people happy and 3000 people + mad. And im sure a good portion of the 3000 sending emails and calling to voice their frustration. Just saying they probably busy. IMHO if they will send u the first of next shipment why wouldn't u take it? Seems reasonable in this situation since they have thousands of other people that would gladly lony up for your unit. A portion of them willing to pay a higher price. Now if they made u go back and do the bidding game like everyone else (since your order was confirmed) then id say u have reason to be mad. If u dont give them then chance to make it right (within a short time frame) then i feel u will regret it and a year down the road a week or less waiting will seem just silly to ya. We all be fighting dor for the next latest ......... greatest. Haha

I would be thankful - just wait for the rest of the people to figure out the testing, installation, leaking reagents, etc.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back