Thought I had a Trident

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by Demonic, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Demonic

Demonic Love Change R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Thanks I really appreciate. I am hoping to do this build correctly and not have things wrong or rushed so it doesn't bother me down the road.

BRS is a great company and what ever they decide will be sufficient. At this point an explanation as to what happened would be sufficient for me. Working in aviation maintenance for so long has NOT helped me for situations like this. We don't handle mistakes very well.

MnFish1, DSC reef and Leadfooted like this.

2. puffy127

puffy127 Well-Known Member

I wonder if it was the upgraded shipping that caused you to lose it. Maybe they have no way of upgrading the shipping without redoing the order. So maybe they cancelled the initial order, and put the order in again with upgraded shipping. But someone snatched it before the second order could go through. Doesn't explain why there is still a charge though.

tdlawdo and MnFish1 like this.
  3. Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply Valuable Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Partner Sponsor 2019

4. MnFish1

MnFish1 Valuable Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

I laugh a little when I read posts like this. There are 2 on sale on eBay from Minnesota (out of about 15) - one is in outstate Minnesota (so its unlikely to be an employee of the company) - I doubt that the other one is an employee of the company.

(The following scenarios are total myth - i.e. just as a discussion) But - lets say I owned a company - and lets say a lot of my employees have reef tanks - and lets say I allow some of them first choice of an apex as a bonus or whatever - and lets say they decided to sell their trident on Ebay - thats their right. Lets say I own a company - and I decide to sell 10% of my inventory on Ebay (again this is total fantasy - just for discussion) - the company has every right to do so. There is nothing immoral or illegal..

Besides I dont think that the assertion you're making is fair - which seems to be that since this is in a BRS thread - that BRS or their staff is selling some units on Ebay. It could be a person that registered for tridents on sites - and got 2 or 3 of them. It also could be an LFS that is doing so. Or (most likely) - its random individuals selling their tridents. Its their right. Or?

ScottR likes this.
  5. TARHEEL78

TARHEEL78 Active Member

While I agree with almost all of this they may have an agreement with Neptune or the distributor that prevents them from selling them at a markup on ebay. If they didn't why not put all of them up for auction and let the market decide what they are worth?

MnFish1 likes this.
  6. Leadfooted

Leadfooted Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

I see they PM'd you :). This is so great to see and within 24hrs! Can't expect them to monitor R2R all day but man it's so cool they do check in.

tdlawdo likes this.
  7. tdlawdo

tdlawdo Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Secret Santa Build Thread Contributor

Haha!! I’ll hand deliver you ...some thing!

siggy likes this.
  8. siggy

siggy The more I learn the dumber I become R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

;Muted;Muted;Muted

9. tdlawdo

And autographed...just sayin...also prior military and I hear ya I am similar in those situations. But truthfully I have returned stuff to BRS months after purchase with no issues ever. Actually I’m in the medical field where customer service is less than evident at times and I have been so impressed with the customer service in this Hobby from BRS, KP aquatics, Blue Zoo, Marine Depot, Coral Vue, Live Aquaria Saltwateraquariumdotcom and even some mediocre service from my tank provided WaterBox.

siggy and MnFish1 like this.
  10. MnFish1

MnFish1 Valuable Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2019 Build Thread Contributor

From what Terence said - there is a minimum price at which they can be sold - the retailer can sell them for whatever they want - this is paraphrased from another thread - maybe @Terence can answer?

BTW - Talked to BRS - no employees (per him) have received a trident - nor have they put any on sale on Ebay.

ScottR and tdlawdo like this.
  11. tdlawdo

I didn’t get three! I only got one and didn’t sell it at all and don’t plan to. Unless you are talking about someone else.

MnFish1 likes this.
  12. TARHEEL78

TARHEEL78 Active Member

Gotcha, I wasn't sure but was just throwing out a possibility. If that is indeed the case I would put them all on ebay and let people bid on them. Like I said, let the market decide what they're worth.

13. tdlawdo

Hanging up so you can cool off, remain professional at work..that is adulting!!!

JoshH, Potatohead, C-Reefer and 3 others like this.
  14. Demonic

You know it never registered that it would be a BRS staff member, and I still don't think that. I don't think their integrity is at stake here, just the process that was flawed.

15. Demonic

Misunderstood

We have company inspectors here now, and no way I would try to have that conversation here with that. Its stressful enough around here right now.

16. siggy

siggy The more I learn the dumber I become R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019 R2R Secret Santa Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Thats keeping cool under fire...not sure i could pull it off

EDIT: case closed

17. MnFish1

this discussion was had on another thread. Several people have had all kinds of conspiracy theories. :)... I will honestly say - if I could buy a trident and sell it for $1200 why not....(BTW - how many of those units are actually selling??) you can check on ebay. Note if I got one it would be because I wanted one - but - I can see re-selling one if I was willing to wait more time for another one. I dont think those are 'bad people'. However, if people are using bots or scripts to snatch up all the inventory very quickly - which is certainly possible - thats improper IMHO. Hopefully the new list they are setting up will prevent any shenanigans.

ScottR, tdlawdo and TARHEEL78 like this.
  18. Demonic

I also tossed around the idea but not sure I could do it. I had another retailer reach out and they offered a guaranteed Trident, but in all consciousness, I am not sure I could exploit. But the extra few hundred bucks would be nice towards the build.

tdlawdo, MnFish1 and siggy like this.
  19. TARHEEL78

TARHEEL78 Active Member

I'm not positive I even want one and I've been looking at the reefbot as well but I still put my name on that list just in case I decided I did.:cool:

20. DangerDave

DangerDave Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member

I’m getting both. Well maybe, who knows what will be announced by other mfrs while we wait for availability. Everything has its issues, my reefbot has been stuck in shipping in Belgium for over a week.

tdlawdo and TARHEEL78 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted