Thought I had a Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for chiming in, Ryan. Retail customer service is not easy to manage and FWIW, I think you guys do an awesome job 99.99% of the time. I was in picking up an order once and the receptionist hung up the phone and shook his head as I walked in. Evidently someone was angry because the had ordered standard shipping and the order got there early, in 2 days! You can’t win! It’s interesting to get a bit of the background, behind the scenes information on how systems work; often, as was the case here, there are many pieces at play that aren’t immediately evident.

As for Neptune, we don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes there, either. It’s safe to say that they have a vested interest in selling as many units as possible, and unnecessarily delaying or slowing the release does not help them in any way. They may well have run into QC or manufacturing issues from their supplier requiring them to do additional QC checks or calibration at their headquarters before selling them, or maybe, as someone mentioned above, there were unexpected tariffs that would have increased the price, so by doing the calibrations here they could avoid the price hike. Who knows? I wouldn’t call the hype excessive - they announced the product and were excited and talking it up like any company would. Since then it was remarkably quiet until right before they released it. I’m interested to hear how others think they should have handled the release.

Ryanbrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for chiming in, Ryan. Retail customer service is not easy to manage and FWIW, I think you guys do an awesome job 99.99% of the time. I was in picking up an order once and the receptionist hung up the phone and shook his head as I walked in. Evidently someone was angry because the had ordered standard shipping and the order got there early, in 2 days! You can’t win! It’s interesting to get a bit of the background, behind the scenes information on how systems work; often, as was the case here, there are many pieces at play that aren’t immediately evident.

As for Neptune, we don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes there, either. It’s safe to say that they have a vested interest in selling as many units as possible, and unnecessarily delaying or slowing the release does not help them in any way. They may well have run into QC or manufacturing issues from their supplier requiring them to do additional QC checks or calibration at their headquarters before selling them, or maybe, as someone mentioned above, there were unexpected tariffs that would have increased the price, so by doing the calibrations here they could avoid the price hike. Who knows? I wouldn’t call the hype excessive - they announced the product and were excited and talking it up like any company would. Since then it was remarkably quiet until right before they released it. I’m interested to hear how others think they should have handled the release.

Thanks for the kind words :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi,

I took the family to Shedd this week and not in the office so I don't know the exact issue here but I can shed some light on elements. First, I apologize for the hassle. I had the same experience with Best Buy and an iPhone x when they came out. It is frustrating.

As to getting one in a timely fashion, I think Adam may have already solved that for you but for anyone else who might be in a similar situation we get a batch every week so we can get you one the following week and if speed is critical just let CS know and I am sure they will overnight it.

For everyone else, I believe the CS team has shifted to a white glove approach and calling people on the list to get them to reefers each week rather than this mad rush to jam their way through the cart. I know everyone every last person won't appreciate this approach but we have to pick the option that has the least frustration until Neptune ramps up production.

Sometimes it is helpful or interesting to know what causes this type of thing. First, the thousand people trying to buy a limited quantity at the exact same microsecond caused a race in the inventory software which sold a few more than we had. This is not something that has comes up often as the industry doesn't see many launches like the Trident. There is a ticket in to fix that. Second, it is worthwhile to note that any type of change to an order means the order gets moved from general processing to special order status where someone needs to read the comments when it is shipped. When you called to change to 2 day the order likely got pulled from the general orders and processed in a later batch. By then the other orders were filled and we ran out. Obviously not your fault but it might be worth noting because this is likely true at all kinds of different e-commerce sites.

Again sorry for the hassle. I think we all wish Neptune had adequate stock for the launch but that would have meant a later launch anyways and everyone would have had to wait even longer.

It is a machine. It is a machine that measures things we can already do. It is a machine that we can wait for. For everyone grumping about Neptunek BRS, Marine Depot etc etc etc - watch your evening local news.. If thats not good enough watch the national news. This is such a minuscule issue that... well I won't say it. @Demonic - I dont know the complete specifics - but - I would say you deserve better. But watch the news. Or request something from BRS.

@Ryanbrs thanks for your response - and thanks for running a fair company. (@Demonic - not a criticism - I dont know the specifics) - I do know that BRS is a great company...

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a machine. It is a machine that measures things we can already do. It is a machine that we can wait for. For everyone grumping about Neptunek BRS, Marine Depot etc etc etc - watch your evening local news.. If thats not good enough watch the national news. This is such a minuscule issue that... well I won't say it. @Demonic - I dont know the complete specifics - but - I would say you deserve better. But watch the news. Or request something from BRS.

@Ryanbrs thanks for your response - and thanks for running a fair company. (@Demonic - not a criticism - I dont know the specifics) - I do know that BRS is a great company...

You are correct, they are a great company. My opinion was to as this was handled. To me that doesnt reflect on the company as a whole just this instance. I really need to stay off the forums, I tend to say more than I should.
I will continue to order from BRS, actually ordered a 15 gal IM ATO container today from them.

@Ryanbrs
@Bulk Reef Supply
I'm really sorry this got out of hand. I sometimes let my anger get the best of me. I think my expectations are sometimes to high and proceed to yelling, you can def thank the military for that, and it never left.

Again I apologize and thanks again for what you do for us, even if sometimes we (me) act this way.

U

User1

View Badges
You are correct, they are a great company. My opinion was to as this was handled. To me that doesnt reflect on the company as a whole just this instance. I really need to stay off the forums, I tend to say more than I should.
I will continue to order from BRS, actually ordered a 15 gal IM ATO container today from them.

@Ryanbrs
@Bulk Reef Supply
I'm really sorry this got out of hand. I sometimes let my anger get the best of me. I think my expectations are sometimes to high and proceed to yelling, you can def thank the military for that, and it never left.

Again I apologize and thanks again for what you do for us, even if sometimes we (me) act this way.

I still blame it on being stationed in Minot!!!!

J/K.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Ryanbrs
@Bulk Reef Supply

We may need to swap screennames if u keep this up!!!!! Haha. Im supposed to be the "fiesty" one!

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And i just have to say it finally ......... if u hadnt changed the shipping to "rush it" u would have probably got it a day or two sooner! Haha. Pretty much sums up my last few days, months, or even years of learning! The good thing about your post is it shows what a great company BRS is. At the level of orders they ship out there is going to be some unhappy customers no matter whos fault it is. And usually its a culmination of many factors like here. The fact is they have kept u as a customer and have taken stepa to turn a negative situation around makes me feel comfortable ordering from them in future. And your thread shows this progession well. Many modern companies could learn from this.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It got in pretty late last night but it did come in. Work today and then the lake so put on hold for a while

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It got in pretty late last night but it did come in. Work today and then the lake so put on hold for a while

Hurry up to wait huh? At least the packaging is pretty to look at sitting on the dinning room table......... HaHa They r really easy to set up and just takes a few minutes. Get it set up and then u can watch results while at the lake and let it get broke in! Thats what i did. :) Then u can calibrate it later when have more time.

U

User1

View Badges
Hurry up to wait huh? At least the packaging is pretty to look at sitting on the dinning room table......... HaHa They r really easy to set up and just takes a few minutes. Get it set up and then u can watch results while at the lake and let it get broke in! Thats what i did. :) Then u can calibrate it later when have more time.

This actually makes a lot of sense. Especially since it isn't going to be controlling anything or make change. It is simply collecting data.

Good suggestion.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This actually makes a lot of sense. Especially since it isn't going to be controlling anything or make change. It is simply collecting data.

Good suggestion.

That why u get one in the first place ........ so u spend more time at the lake (or ?) wit no worries. Right?
20190523_164114.jpg
20190523_164142.jpg

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That why u get one in the first place ........ so u spend more time at the lake (or ?) wit no worries. Right?
20190523_164114.jpg
20190523_164142.jpg

Oh man yes, I cant wait to get the boat out. I live in the great white north, so its usually a little later than most. Is that a magma grill you have there? I want to mount one on the back, just haven't pulled the trigger.

Its our first weekend out this year so I still have to de-winterize the camper and hook up everything.

I mostly got one because I go TDY for work for long periods. I leave in July, so I want it set up before that. Priority right now is family time, well that and a little golf today after work.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having set one up earlier this week I can confirm that it really is a super quick and simple process. As long as you have a place to put it and you don’t have to spend time making space it really can be out of the box and connected and running in less than 15 minutes.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes on the grill brand and its hooked into rod holder mount. Works great that way and gets used a ton! Even cost slightly less $$$ than a Trident! Summer kicked off early here this year on west coast. Been in the mid 90's last few days. Definitely family time important and why i want my tank to run as easily as possible and not have to worry about it while off doing other things this summer. Yes this automation is not necessary for a nice tank. But it does allow having a nice tank while out enjoying other hobbies as well and spending time with the fam. Sounds like u in same "boat" as me lol

U

User1

View Badges
20190523_164114.jpg
20190523_164142.jpg

Very pretty. The reason why I don't own a boat is because we could never decide on one. My wife loves to water ski, I love the ocean and scuba dive. Never could find a boat that did suited both of our interests. To complicate matters I grew up on ocean boats and sailing while she lakes.

Beautiful up your way and that looked like a great day to be out.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes on the grill brand and its hooked into rod holder mount. Works great that way and gets used a ton! Even cost slightly less $$$ than a Trident! Summer kicked off early here this year on west coast. Been in the mid 90's last few days. Definitely family time important and why i want my tank to run as easily as possible and not have to worry about it while off doing other things this summer. Yes this automation is not necessary for a nice tank. But it does allow having a nice tank while out enjoying other hobbies as well and spending time with the fam. Sounds like u in same "boat" as me lol

I wish I was "in the same boat" lol. But yeah, it looks like you enjoy some of the same things as I do.

What kind of boat is that? Looks like a nice cruiser
I have a Yamaha Ar240. My boat is out of place for this area as most have fishing boats.

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I was "in the same boat" lol. But yeah, it looks like you enjoy some of the same things as I do.

What kind of boat is that? Looks like a nice cruiser
I have a Yamaha Ar240. My boat is out of place for this area as most have fishing boats.

I have a Sea Ray 310. Your Yamaha is a very nice boat. If i didn't need a boat i could stay on for weekend's Id love to have one like yours. Mine is a little more work to haul down the road but i still manage it. With boats, u just need a couple different ones for each use! Kind of like fish tanks! Lol
FB_IMG_1479542201954.jpg

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Sea Ray 310. Your Yamaha is a very nice boat. If i didn't need a boat i could stay on for weekend's Id love to have one like yours. Mine is a little more work to haul down the road but i still manage it. With boats, u just need a couple different ones for each use! Kind of like fish tanks! Lol
FB_IMG_1479542201954.jpg

Looks like this conversation took a nice turn lol.

Here is my summer hobby
718eaa0ee1d929348df39268206b2dea.jpg

8017ac83a6986b70fd9c036cca5d19b5.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back