Thought I had a Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a side note @Demonic, Super nice build you have going and bummer to see this thread getting longer. I was hoping to see BRS PM you and resolve or at least reach out in some fashion. I feel your situation is unique and should be handled with a little more sensitivity. Hoping the focus can go back to the build soon.

Thanks I really appreciate. I am hoping to do this build correctly and not have things wrong or rushed so it doesn't bother me down the road.

BRS is a great company and what ever they decide will be sufficient. At this point an explanation as to what happened would be sufficient for me. Working in aviation maintenance for so long has NOT helped me for situations like this. We don't handle mistakes very well.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if it was the upgraded shipping that caused you to lose it. Maybe they have no way of upgrading the shipping without redoing the order. So maybe they cancelled the initial order, and put the order in again with upgraded shipping. But someone snatched it before the second order could go through. Doesn't explain why there is still a charge though.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Perhaps your trident is one of the many on ebay where the seller "Ships from Minnesota". Heck there is even one guy that has 3 for sale. :oops:

I laugh a little when I read posts like this. There are 2 on sale on eBay from Minnesota (out of about 15) - one is in outstate Minnesota (so its unlikely to be an employee of the company) - I doubt that the other one is an employee of the company.

(The following scenarios are total myth - i.e. just as a discussion) But - lets say I owned a company - and lets say a lot of my employees have reef tanks - and lets say I allow some of them first choice of an apex as a bonus or whatever - and lets say they decided to sell their trident on Ebay - thats their right. Lets say I own a company - and I decide to sell 10% of my inventory on Ebay (again this is total fantasy - just for discussion) - the company has every right to do so. There is nothing immoral or illegal..

Besides I dont think that the assertion you're making is fair - which seems to be that since this is in a BRS thread - that BRS or their staff is selling some units on Ebay. It could be a person that registered for tridents on sites - and got 2 or 3 of them. It also could be an LFS that is doing so. Or (most likely) - its random individuals selling their tridents. Its their right. Or?

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I laugh a little when I read posts like this. There are 2 on sale on eBay from Minnesota (out of about 15) - one is in outstate Minnesota (so its unlikely to be an employee of the company) - I doubt that the other one is an employee of the company.

(The following scenarios are total myth - i.e. just as a discussion) But - lets say I owned a company - and lets say a lot of my employees have reef tanks - and lets say I allow some of them first choice of an apex as a bonus or whatever - and lets say they decided to sell their trident on Ebay - thats their right. Lets say I own a company - and I decide to sell 10% of my inventory on Ebay (again this is total fantasy - just for discussion) - the company has every right to do so. There is nothing immoral or illegal..

Besides I dont think that the assertion you're making is fair - which seems to be that since this is in a BRS thread - that BRS or their staff is selling some units on Ebay. It could be a person that registered for tridents on sites - and got 2 or 3 of them. It also could be an LFS that is doing so. Or (most likely) - its random individuals selling their tridents. Its their right. Or?

While I agree with almost all of this they may have an agreement with Neptune or the distributor that prevents them from selling them at a markup on ebay. If they didn't why not put all of them up for auction and let the market decide what they are worth?

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a side note @Demonic I feel your situation is unique and should be handled with a little more sensitivity. Hoping the focus can go back to the build soon.
I see they PM'd you :). This is so great to see and within 24hrs! Can't expect them to monitor R2R all day but man it's so cool they do check in.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha!! I’ll hand deliver you ...some thing!
emoji1320.png
emoji1320.png
;Muted;Muted;Muted

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He got a trident....go figure:rolleyes:

BTW a couple weeks ago

And autographed...just sayin...also prior military and I hear ya I am similar in those situations. But truthfully I have returned stuff to BRS months after purchase with no issues ever. Actually I’m in the medical field where customer service is less than evident at times and I have been so impressed with the customer service in this Hobby from BRS, KP aquatics, Blue Zoo, Marine Depot, Coral Vue, Live Aquaria Saltwateraquariumdotcom and even some mediocre service from my tank provided WaterBox.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While I agree with almost all of this they may have an agreement with Neptune or the distributor that prevents them from selling them at a markup on ebay. If they didn't why not put all of them up for auction and let the market decide what they are worth?

From what Terence said - there is a minimum price at which they can be sold - the retailer can sell them for whatever they want - this is paraphrased from another thread - maybe @Terence can answer?

BTW - Talked to BRS - no employees (per him) have received a trident - nor have they put any on sale on Ebay.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what Terence said - there is a minimum price at which they can be sold - the retailer can sell them for whatever they want - this is paraphrased from another thread - maybe @Terence can answer?

BTW - Talked to BRS - no employees (per him) have received a trident - nor have they put any on sale on Ebay.

Gotcha, I wasn't sure but was just throwing out a possibility. If that is indeed the case I would put them all on ebay and let people bid on them. Like I said, let the market decide what they're worth.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You know it never registered that it would be a BRS staff member, and I still don't think that. I don't think their integrity is at stake here, just the process that was flawed.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You know it never registered that it would be a BRS staff member, and I still don't think that. I don't think their integrity is at stake here, just the process that was flawed.

this discussion was had on another thread. Several people have had all kinds of conspiracy theories. :)... I will honestly say - if I could buy a trident and sell it for $1200 why not....(BTW - how many of those units are actually selling??) you can check on ebay. Note if I got one it would be because I wanted one - but - I can see re-selling one if I was willing to wait more time for another one. I dont think those are 'bad people'. However, if people are using bots or scripts to snatch up all the inventory very quickly - which is certainly possible - thats improper IMHO. Hopefully the new list they are setting up will prevent any shenanigans.

OP
OP
Demonic

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this discussion was had on another thread. Several people have had all kinds of conspiracy theories. :)... I will honestly say - if I could buy a trident and sell it for $1200 why not.... Note if I got one it would be because I wanted one - but - I can see re-selling one if I was willing to wait more time for another one. I dont think those are 'bad people'. However, if people are using bots or scripts to snatch up all the inventory very quickly - which is certainly possible - thats improper IMHO. Hopefully the new list they are setting up will prevent any shenanigans.

I also tossed around the idea but not sure I could do it. I had another retailer reach out and they offered a guaranteed Trident, but in all consciousness, I am not sure I could exploit. But the extra few hundred bucks would be nice towards the build.

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not positive I even want one and I've been looking at the reefbot as well but I still put my name on that list just in case I decided I did.:cool:

I’m getting both. Well maybe, who knows what will be announced by other mfrs while we wait for availability. Everything has its issues, my reefbot has been stuck in shipping in Belgium for over a week.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back