Thoughts on a newbies scape

TheCountryReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2026
Messages
35
Reaction score
64
Location
Kentucky
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank inner dimensions 28.5 x 69 inches.
Blue tape is measured out to 24x60 inches. That way theres a couple inches between glass on long sides and 4 inches on short sides. Going in IM200 peninsula.

20260918_170244_F1FF3014-62A6-4277-8556-A6C60A33763E.png


20260918_170245_FFF2B853-A7DF-4023-AFB6-00275C4AD13B.png


20260918_170245_50235706-FC47-4D4A-81EF-F261251813CC.png


20260918_170245_464F2666-F0BE-4DCF-9C02-B7C14BE0CC63.png


20260918_170245_AAC024DA-2B08-496D-B1D3-D63C331B631D.png


20260918_170245_CD019510-FF2A-44CA-B812-E9D5591108BC.png
 
I like it.

My concern is with the 6 rocks in front on the base.
Seem very close to the front glass so mounting corals might be an issue on those rocks.

Is quite nice though! Well done.
 
I like it as well! (have some of this same rock waiting for me to do something with it) lol

One thing to consider is that the IM200 probably only has 20 inches of water height. Depending on what you're wanting to have for corals, you may want to lower the scape a bit.
 
I like it as well! (have some of this same rock waiting for me to do something with it) lol

One thing to consider is that the IM200 probably only has 20 inches of water height. Depending on what you're wanting to have for corals, you may want to lower the scape a bit.
Thanks for the thought! The tallest point is 11.5 inches and yeah the water height is probably closer to 19.5”. So is 8.5 inches not enough?
 
I like it.

My concern is with the 6 rocks in front on the base.
Seem very close to the front glass so mounting corals might be an issue on those rocks.

Is quite nice though! Well done.
The blue line is not the glass, but 2.25” off the glass on the long sides and ~ 4” off the glass on short side. Think its too close still?
 
The blue line is not the glass, but 2.25” off the glass on the long sides and ~ 4” off the glass on short side. Think its too close still?
It’s fine.
Depends sometimes on what you’re keeping.
I need about 8-10” in the front as I keep a lot of meaty type corals on the sand, and they can really expand towards the glass.
 
I love the look of the rockscape, and am simultaneously concerned about how close those rocks are to the glass. I have a 25gal peninsula and I've got some rocks maybe 3-4 inches from the glass, and once corals start to grow outward that 3-4 inches can VERY quickly become 1-2 inches.
With the rocks I have there's not a whole lot I can change at the moment, but in the future I'd definitely be careful how close I put rocks to my glass. Keep in mind though, this is absolutely affected by the types of corals you are looking to keep.
Are you aiming for FOWLR, Softie, Mixed, LPS, SPS?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new