Thoughts on Hawaii Ban

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's possible, but probably not in the near future. The environmental review that the courts want done in order to lift the ban apparently would cost $10 million and take 10-15 years.
wondering how does it take 10-15 years?

fish are a renewable resource.

count numbers. it doesn't take 10-15 years.

I waterfowl hunt in North America. every year there is a count done on every type of duck we are allowed to hunt.
some years we get a 30 day season, others a 60 day season. number of a specific duck you can shoot may change each year according to the species count.

do a count, have a limited collection season. count the numbers next year.

if it's just because the locals don't want "their" fish being taken and the courts are going to back that, then doesn't matter what study is done.

OP
OP
ThatPhillyReefer

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my upgrade to a 150 gallon tank. The only reason I wanted a 60" long tank was to keep tangs. So this means, no money spent to SCA, no new sump, no new lights, and so on... I imagine this ban is going to hurt everyone in the hobby and the industry. I mean, it really has let all the air out of my balloon. I'm depressed and not sure what I'm going to do.
i would not cancel the upgrade. This does not mean tangs are going to be rare, this so definitely going to affect the number of specimens but you will still be able to purchase them.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please keep politics out. Thanks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back