Thoughts on Inkbird 306t temperature controller

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1ca2e8342a67759d6acee5629fea70b2.jpg

My crappy digital thermometer broke yesterday so somehow I came across this inkbird controller which I didn't even know existed while doing some research. I like the fact that I plug it in and don't have to worry about batteries. I like that you can calibrate it and it has sensors that let you know if it falls above or below a certain range. The LCD looks easy to read. It just seems so much more advanced than a cheap digital thermometer. Plus it received great reviews on Amazon and it's reasonably priced. Any reefers out there that have one and can give me your thoughts? Good or bad.

OP
OP
saullman

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was looking for something better than what I had, but still pretty low budget. I was able to pick it up off eBay for under $20 so I'm happy. We'll see soon how it works.

23Andy23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used inkbird's for years without issues. Currently have 4 in use, one of which is that model

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently use the ink bird ITC-308... 1 version above the one pictured but it is WiFi enabled so you can view and set the temperature via an app on your smart phone.... I like it, kept inline with a dd temp controller for a month and it was spot on so now just use the inkbird.... highly recommend, especially if you don’t use an aquarium controller and would like peace of mind knowing your temperature from your phone whenever needed.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with the inkbird controller is in its ability to keep calibration. In the older models, this was primarily a function of the temperature sensor not being designed for submersion in salt water. The newer models appear to rectify this shortcoming with a redesigned probe. Personally I think they are of poor quality and will spend $75 for a prewired ranco; however, if $30 is your preferred price point just keep a close eye on it.

OP
OP
saullman

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with the inkbird controller is in its ability to keep calibration. In the older models, this was primarily a function of the temperature sensor not being designed for submersion in salt water. The newer models appear to rectify this shortcoming with a redesigned probe. Personally I think they are of poor quality and will spend $75 for a prewired ranco; however, if $30 is your preferred price point just keep a close eye on it.

Ok. Thanks for the input.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have the green unit which has alarmed twice and seems to be doing its' job. Will know more as colder weather approaches. So far, I like it.

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the green unit as well. It has both heating and cooling capabilities with the rubberized aquarium probe and I love it. You can find it on Amazon here. I haven't had it long enough to notice if temperature drift is an issue, but I keep an extra thermometer in the tank for some redundancy so we'll see if over time it starts to drift. Overall I think it's great for the price.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back