Thoughts On Sump Flow Pathing

BaliReefBox

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2022
Messages
845
Reaction score
745
Location
Bali
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey good people
I plan on adding a sump and have drawn up the following design with the pathing as follows
Inlet then up and onto the sock platform. Down the sock and out into the skimmer section. Then out out an submerged 2" bulkhead then diagonally across the bio media chamber to the exit via an adjustable weir into the return pump section. In the bio section I will have a gfo/carbon reactor feed by a small dc pump pulling water fron the "dead zone" top left. The lower right of the bio chamber will have a ats mounted above and another small dc pump feeding it, hopefully eliminanting the low flow corner.
Can I get some feedback on the diagonal flow, opinions if it is oki
cheers

sump.jpg
 
If everything fits then I don’t see any issue with that plan.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new