Thoughts on this skimmer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DarkTang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I own the 160 version and can say that it is amazing. I believe they offer a submersible for in sump use (INT). Its a workhorse. No complaints.
 
Last edited:
I own the 160 version and can say that it is amazing. I believe they offer a submersible for in sump use. Its a workhorse. No complaints.
It's Powered by: RODC 5500 Pinwheel Pump
 
Diablo DCRS 250ext

Reef Octopus Diablo DCRS 250 EXT Recirculating Protein Skimmer:Amazon.co.uk:Pet Supplies

Is this for external only or can I use it in sump? The confusing part is int and ext models. Also my system is about 300 gallond, and this is rated twice that, thoughts on over skimming? Thanks in advance

REEF OCTOPUS has three types of skimmers
Reef Octopus
If you get a suggested oversize skimmer you can lower the variable speed DC pump.
I use the Regal 200INT rated for 1500L on my 416L system and never dialed down the motor.

Gene
popcorn.gif
 
The UK has a different electrical standard than the US.
There are four matters relating to using US appliances in the UK
  • the voltage ( US = 120V, UK = 240V )
  • Watts the product draws – this is different for each product
  • the frequency ( US = 60 Hz, UK = 50 Hz )
  • the plug on the power cord- UK 3 prongs, US 2 prongs
Gene
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new