Thoughts on thius used equipment

Borsig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for my first reef setup for a while, and was considering a 40B or finding something similar in size in a used setup.

I came across recently this used gear that's about 9 months old
Pro Clear Prostar 90 setup + some sort of custom top - 700.00
2X Nero 5 Powerheads, Vectra S2 Pump, Curve 5 elite protein skimmer, and a Duetto ATO for 500.00

I've not seen it in person but the guy says he wants something smaller. I don't know a lot about reef gear, (Im a rift lake keeper) so Im curious if this is a "buy now" deal, or a keep looking deal. I saw a video or two on the pro star kit and it looks nice and seems to be about half of the price it is on line, and I've not seen the brand local.

Thoughts?

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking for my first reef setup for a while, and was considering a 40B or finding something similar in size in a used setup.

I came across recently this used gear that's about 9 months old
Pro Clear Prostar 90 setup + some sort of custom top - 700.00
2X Nero 5 Powerheads, Vectra S2 Pump, Curve 5 elite protein skimmer, and a Duetto ATO for 500.00

I've not seen it in person but the guy says he wants something smaller. I don't know a lot about reef gear, (Im a rift lake keeper) so Im curious if this is a "buy now" deal, or a keep looking deal. I saw a video or two on the pro star kit and it looks nice and seems to be about half of the price it is on line, and I've not seen the brand local.

Thoughts?
That's a pretty good deal all together its less than half what you'd pay retail. Personally I'd jump on that. However I bet you could talk them down lower, selling used sw equipment and esp aquariums can be really hard if you wait it out they'll take less eventually even if they don't at first. Although this is my experiences in Canada it may be easier to sell used sw equipment in the states.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Fair priced. I would want to assure all components work in some manner before handing over funds.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back