Thoughts on using a Versa pump over FX-STP for a calcium reactor

Tiki_Reef

My daily driver is a nano.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys thought I would ask what your opinions on using a Versa over FX-STP, I currently use a Kamoer on my 120's calcium reactor but I was curious if anyone has had success with using Versas. I personally love the Kamoer but I am setting up another tank and would be up to try something different. I do remember a couple years ago that people were having issues with Mobius and the constant dose mode, I use the Versa as traditional dosing pumps currently.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both and am going back to the fx-stp. Much more reliable and robust. I wanted to love the versa but unfortunately it is not what I wanted it to be.

Edit: My fx-stp is pre-wifi.

OP
OP
Tiki_Reef

Tiki_Reef

My daily driver is a nano.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both and am going back to the fx-stp. Much more reliable and robust. I wanted to love the versa but unfortunately it is not what I wanted it to be.

Edit: My fx-stp is pre-wifi.
I like the versa as a dosing pump for stuff that I dose a few times a day but I have read the continuously mode has a quick negative effect on the pump head and tubing. I love my Kamoer on my 120 will stick with it, I just like seeing other people's experiences.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the versa as a dosing pump for stuff that I dose a few times a day but I have read the continuously mode has a quick negative effect on the pump head and tubing. I love my Kamoer on my 120 will stick with it, I just like seeing other people's experiences.
I think that is a pretty good perspective for the versa.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back