Thoughts?

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I just curious if anybody cleans the glass regularly or if it’s bad due to copepods being on the glass I don’t want to potentially kill any copepods that is on the glass, so I was just wanting to know if you guys had any thoughts or what you personally do to keep your glass clean

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small colony right now, they can be scraped off…they usually return that day or the next…
Also I’ll sometimes leave a side panel untouched, or in cleaning rotation …
I do this more because some snails like to eat the dusty algae that forms shortly afterwards… Some seem to prefer the harder stuff, but who knows?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just curious if anybody cleans the glass regularly or if it’s bad due to copepods being on the glass I don’t want to potentially kill any copepods that is on the glass, so I was just wanting to know if you guys had any thoughts or what you personally do to keep your glass clean
I can’t see how you can kill a nearly microscopic creature while cleaning the glass.

Jay'sReefBugs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scrapping glass isn't going to harm your colony it simply pushes them into the water colum

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The glass is hosting the least amount of your pod population. A great big flat surface with nowhere to hide in plain view of all the critters that like to eat you is pretty much a failure for the theory of survival of the fittest.

All the nooks and crannies in your rocks, the underside of the rocks, in the dark, under corals, that's where the pods flourish.

If you are seeing a decent quantity on your glass it's nothing in comparison to the population within your tank.

I have to wipe the display panels of my 750g every 48 hours. But the pod population when I pull a rock or a dead frag on the underside is huge, And that's with 150 fish, 3 pipefish, 2 Mandarins, 6 wrasses... etc etc

Dave B

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 34.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back