Threaded Bulkhead return options

Saltywaters

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank I just broke down I used a 90deg street spigot elbow and glued into a slip bulkhead. Not realizing this when I went this route that I will not be able to take apart later down the road to re-use the bulkheads on a new set up and now selling the tank with them installed.
I know there is a way to plumb threaded bulkheads so they can be fully disassembled however i'm not seeing the same street elbow with a threaded design to thread into a threaded bulkhead. I'm also using full hard plumbing until I switch over to silicone tubing at my return pumps.
Please let me know what parts I need. I'm a visual person as well, pictures are always helpful of installed as well. I'm also using Sch80 Gray fittings.

Thank you

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank I just broke down I used a 90deg street spigot elbow and glued into a slip bulkhead. Not realizing this when I went this route that I will not be able to take apart later down the road to re-use the bulkheads on a new set up and now selling the tank with them installed.
I know there is a way to plumb threaded bulkheads so they can be fully disassembled however i'm not seeing the same street elbow with a threaded design to thread into a threaded bulkhead. I'm also using full hard plumbing until I switch over to silicone tubing at my return pumps.
Please let me know what parts I need. I'm a visual person as well, pictures are always helpful of installed as well. I'm also using Sch80 Gray fittings.

Thank you
Confused here what your asking about…
Can you not find a threaded street elbow or a threaded bulkhead? I see countless threaded street elbows when I google it.

Schedule 80 bulkheads are different sized than schedule 40 in case you weren’t aware.
Almost nobody uses schedule 80 bulkheads.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you

This is a thread/thread bulkhead.

OP
OP
S

Saltywaters

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I was not clear.

I'm planning on using standard Sch40 ABS bulkheads. I'm just not seeing a threaded male street elbow to screw into the bulkhead on BRS.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm planning on using standard Sch40 ABS bulkheads. I'm just not seeing a threaded male street elbow to screw into the bulkhead on BRS.
Forget brs

Their plumbing prices are way higher than a lot of other places.
Just google threaded street elbow and a ton will come up.
Or even better, find a local plumbing supply store, they will have everything under the sun and usually at better prices

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1704887693108.png

ShakeyGizzard

RedNeck Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This From K-State fan in the Little Apple.

Supplyhouse.com You can find almost anything at a good price.
I’ll second supply house.com. Great service and very helpful. I’ll usually wait a day and order from them instead of making a drive to the orange store.

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is ABS plastic, they say its schedule 40, but its not, they are way less dependable than a schedule 80, over tighten ABS and it cracks
It is true the ABS are easier to split/crack, but the Sch 80 bulkheads are larger diameter and may not fit into the existing holes on his tank.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One exception is the range of reef octopus bulkheads. They claim to be Sch80 yet are the same dimensions as Sch40. More expensive, but they are the only ones I use now.

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just go to hardware store and make an adapter.. do you have pictures ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back