Three Month Old Blob Coming to Life!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter JusMeJim
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JusMeJim

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2025
Messages
59
Reaction score
24
Location
Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, this was on a piece of live rock that I got on Dec. 9th from Tampa Bay Saltwater. The best way I can describe it would be that it was just hooked to the rock but you could kind of wiggle it around, so it was just sort of "hanging" on. I probably could of pulled it off but I chose to just leave it. It's kind of "tough" but soft........maybe like a piece of beef jerky. About 2" long, and 1/2" to 3/4" width and height.

A couple nights ago while looking around with a flashlight after the lights were out I happened to pass over this and immediately noticed a "hole" that kind of receded when the light passed over it. There's one hole on the front left and another hole on the far right end. Both appears to have a few white "tenacles" growing around the edges, and the holes appear to go "deep" into the mass.

Anyone have any thoughts on what this could be?
5390cbb8-f73e-480d-90b3-4e5e276c01ba.jpg
d02aa67e-0a7e-473d-8a35-e9f0775c4b9a.jpg
 
That is a form of tunicate. I had/still have several on my TBS rock from about one year ago. You can see where it has an inflow and outflow opening.
 
OK, this was on a piece of live rock that I got on Dec. 9th from Tampa Bay Saltwater. The best way I can describe it would be that it was just hooked to the rock but you could kind of wiggle it around, so it was just sort of "hanging" on. I probably could of pulled it off but I chose to just leave it. It's kind of "tough" but soft........maybe like a piece of beef jerky. About 2" long, and 1/2" to 3/4" width and height.

A couple nights ago while looking around with a flashlight after the lights were out I happened to pass over this and immediately noticed a "hole" that kind of receded when the light passed over it. There's one hole on the front left and another hole on the far right end. Both appears to have a few white "tenacles" growing around the edges, and the holes appear to go "deep" into the mass.

Anyone have any thoughts on what this could be?
5390cbb8-f73e-480d-90b3-4e5e276c01ba.jpg
d02aa67e-0a7e-473d-8a35-e9f0775c4b9a.jpg
Sea squirt, harmless filter feeder. Sorry we do not have the species.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new