OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am waiting on the tang police. :rolleyes: I stopped in to my favorite fish store, and he had several tangs mostly on the mid to larger size. It was a toss up between the powder blue and a powder brown. The blue was fat and healthy and around the same size as my purple, so I chose him. My purple thought he was going to bully the blue but that was short-lived now the blue challenges Me.:D So far so good, The small convict is a bit thin and still figuring things out, I put some red nori in, and he didn't have much interest, but he gets exited when I feed the tank and hit on a few pellets.
But my favorite is the Muti-colerd Angle, Fat and happy and eats like me..oink.

20200126_183833.jpg

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, One good thing is you don't have to keep them. When they get too big you can trade them for just about what you paid for them. I plan on removing one or two of the hippos, I was supposed to get a purple tang and the second hippo showed up.;Meh They seen to be slow growers so will see. The chromis or on the short list too.
I was watching the tank, and he spotted me and started showing off :p

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since an update. Anything new, different or exciting happening?

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Just got home from work to check the tank and something is way off, I went to dinner last night and forgot to dose.
So to day a torch coral had melted along with 3 sps frags:mad: 3 months work down the tubes. Time to get to work, update this eve.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been awhile since the last real update. Probably because I am a little angry about the velvet that has again killed most of my fish. I can speculate and all but it will not do any good, so I plan to remove the two remaining fish and go fallow for the next three months which will present a whole new set of challenges. Like I said in the previous post, a few corals have taken a turn or bleached. With all but two fish left and very little food in the tank, everything is off.
I now have to find a balance to feed the corals and the CUC, I believe if you don't feed the crabs they will find food, meaning soft tissue corals. My sps frags were doing great but over the past few days are paling out and I have lost a few.
So I am feeding them and will see how they do. The tanks is using .5 dkh a day and hasn't slowed, po4 is .33, I was trying to bring that down by cutting back on feeding but I paid the price.
I don't have a no3 test, I probably should start testing for that to see if foods are breaking down properly. With no fish would that really matter?
Any suggestions would be appreciated
BTW the Trachy was getting some meat on his bones but has slowed a bit also.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started a week of stacation and working on the tank. Tanks a mess but I wonted to post a couple of picks before i Pis* them off. Sorry for the poor quality, you're just going to have to wait. ;)

20200323_144057.jpg 20200323_144007.jpg 20200323_144019.jpg 20200323_145132.jpg

U

User1

View Badges
Some newbie's one not, Reef Chili tonight. Who many use the stuff? Corals do respond instantly to it.

I do not. I do, however, use Indo Pacific Sea Farms "Coral Heaven" food. I believe it was a multi development year effort between IPSF and Tropicorium. I'm a pretty huge fan of Mr. Heslinga. It is a pretty solid food and last a while. I'm looking forward to using it more as my tank continues to mature.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back