Throwing coral away....say it isn't so!

Have you ever had to throw away coral clippings? Read the thread for more.

• Yes

Votes: 337 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 161 32.3%

• Total voters

Ratvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a bit of a clear out of my softies in my home tank lately, ended up posting most of it all over the UK for the cost of postage, packing and a heat pack. Was mostly some Star Polyps, Xenia and Zoas. Luckily could fit all in an envelope to keep costs super low. Would drive me mad putting them in the Bin, my LFS wont accept them at all, not even as donations

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have purple and green slimer available. $5 per pound, pick up only.

To the point now where I am pretty much removing all my no-name SPS, monti cap, and monti digi. A couple LFS nearby take my stuff on consignment/store credit which is fine. Probably sell enough to cover my salt and two-part bill.

It is funny, they are happier taking in decent cuts of soft stuff. It moves and sells faster.

Aswswild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
weird I didn’t see why u don’t throw it in bucket they sell skeleton peace s to put in calcium reactors an u are just throwing it it in the trash

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My social connections are restricted such that I know nobody who wants them ha I need a Facebook.
I brought my lfs a wad of rare freshwater moss they'd never seen since day of open. They have myriad planted tanks with moss...shrimps etc. moss came from aquashella Dallas shrimp area from a man from France who told me it was rare for him. No joke, a wad I'd produced of it. They said na not interested lol they wouldn't even take free red monti I'm sure of it. How value ranges person to person = fascinating.

One year ago someone could have sold me the grip of moss for a hundred dollars. I paid fifteen for a postage stamp portion at aquashella he was a legit guy fun to visit with I didn't get name of his company. At work I'll get some out of tank and post pic someone can id

Last edited:

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't care if people turn around to sell a coral for more than they paid. I sell frags cheap to get them out of my tank asap. It works. I sell them fast and most people buy 4 or 5 different frags because of the price. So I end up making a decent amount of money anyway... and faster than if I sold them at twice the price (which would still be cheap).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back